1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KNTV (NBC) - no signal?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by cdbcorn, Apr 11, 2008.

1. cdbcorn

cdbcorn Cool Member

Mar 6, 2006
    When I opened up my KNTV HD recordings (on my HR-20) from Thursday night, all four (Earl, Office, 30 Rock, Scrubs) consisted solely of a white screen indicating that there was no signal from the local station, but to not call Directv, since the local station was working on restoring the signal. I actually get this screen quite often - just never during primetime before.

Has anybody else had this problem?

2. Dessinge

Dessinge Cool Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Yes I had the same problem. I'm surprised it hasn't come up elsewhere, thats a pretty big night of TV to go missing...

3. lifeislife

lifeislife Legend

Jul 23, 2004
    Yes, I was so MAD! Finally we get our big Thursday night lineup with fresh new episodes and there is nothing to watch!

Could it be a conspiracy to push us all to use hulu? :)

4. Dessinge

Dessinge Cool Member

Jul 3, 2007
    To close the loop on this one, I got a note back from the station:

"Thank you for your note. We lease a fiber optic line from AT&T to provide DirecTV with the best possible quality HD signal. Unfortunately, AT&T tells us that Thursday someone accidentally cut the fiber line between us and DirecTV. As of Friday morning they had repaired the damage, but we are talking with DirecTV to better understand why they did not take advantage of the backup options available to them.

We are not able to show last Thursday's programming again soon, but most of the programs should be rebroadcast over the coming months."

Thanks to J. Monroe at NBC11 for taking the time to personally respond. In the grand scheme of things, I guess I'll live... :)