1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Korean Channels in HD?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by pappy97, Feb 8, 2010.

1. pappy97

pappy97 Icon

Nov 14, 2009
    My non-Korean (even non-Asian for that matter) wife LOVES Korean dramas. The ones she likes usually air on SBS in Korea and then fans add subtitles and put them on line.

It would make my wife's life complete if the Korean intl channels on DirecTV had english subs.

Does anyone know if DirecTV's korean channels like SBS have english subtitles? Thanks.

P.S. Sorry for the misnomer of title. I am so used to asking about HD, I simply said HD when I meant to say english subs.

2. gbubar

gbubar Legend

Feb 3, 2004
    Most of the programs have subtitles...not all, but most.

3. amorse2183

amorse2183 Legend

May 24, 2006
    does she like the show where there is one girl and 3-4 other guys who all go to some school where they wear uniforms? I think literally translated to english the show title is Flower 4 or something like that? I recently was in Ulsan negotiating a contract for about 6 months and that show was on all the time. I speak no Korean so I dont know what they were saying. I watched it anyway though.

4. pappy97

pappy97 Icon

Nov 14, 2009
    No, she likes a show that is airing in Korea now involving a lawyer and a lady who used to work for him but now lives with him as his maid.

Anyways I was able to dig up more info on the SBS shown on DirecTV. Their dramas do have english subs (probably for the people like my wife), but they are older. They don't show ones currently airing in Korea and it's probably a dealbreaker for us adding that. It's a shame, it was going to be a Valentine's Day gift from me to her (but I get something out of it too because I like the idea of adding another dish).