1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

KTRV Channel 12 Boise,ID

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by dogs31, Aug 31, 2013.

1. dogs31

dogs31 Godfather

Feb 27, 2006
    I was wondering why is KTRV Channel 12 NOT shown in HD on Directv? Also when the CW station in Boise, ID go HD on Directv? It's been a while since they been broadcsting OTA HD.

2. sigma1914

sigma1914 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Money or equipment.

3. dogs31

dogs31 Godfather

Feb 27, 2006
    This channel is broadcast in HD OTA and on Cable ONe in HD. I am wondering why Directv haasn't picked it up yet.

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    There are still lots of channels that broadcast in HD that aren't carried by DirecTV in HD. Satellite capacity isn't sufficient to carry them all. Be sure to contact DirecTV directly to let them know of your interest in these channels.

5. lokar

lokar Icon

Oct 7, 2006
    Apparently D* is limiting our market to 4 HD LiLs. Before KNIN got Fox, D* showed KNIN in SD and KTRV in HD despite the fact the KNIN was broadcasting a HD signal at the time.. That changed when the affiliate change happened. BTW, on what channel are people getting the CW in HD OTA? I really wish D* would add this and I cannot seem to tune this channel in on my MythTV computer, although I saw it at a friend's house once so I know it exists. Or does anyone know a secondary market to use to get this channel via D* on a HR20?

6. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    The HD feed of the CW in Boise is on a low powered station KYUU-LD 28.1, it's simulcasted in SD on KBOI's 2.2 subchannel.