1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Kudos to DirectTV home repair

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by gkamer, Jan 20, 2013.

1. gkamer

gkamer Mentor

Nov 4, 2005
    Came home from work on Thursday and my wife pointed out our standard receiver in the bedroom was not getting a signal. After trying all the usual steps (red button, checking connections, etc) still no joy. Called DirectTV and they set up a service call for today from 0800-1200 hrs.

Got a call from the Tech at about 0745 who told me he was on his way and should be here right about 0800. He found the cable wire was too close to the heater causing it to melt in a few places. Less then 10 minutes later he had everything repaired and all was joy in Happyville.

2. wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose Hall Of Fame

Aug 16, 2006
    Thanks for sharing!

3. JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Glad it worked out.

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    my initial thoughts was about your home's repair by DTV, not DTV equipment :)