1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L&O: LA NBC's best ratings new drama, so let's revamp it entirely

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by phrelin, Jan 13, 2011.

1. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    From the Wall Street Journal:
    We've seen two episodes, enough to make us record the rest for possible season shifting if it survives. I really can't wrap my head around these changes.

2. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    That's NBC for you...

3. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Hmmm... With Ulrich leaving, I am okay with that... I wasn't jelling with his charactor that much... just wasn't a omg, that is the key...

Regina Hall and Megan Boon, were already rotating episodes... so it won't be much of a difference... probably wouldn't have even noticed.

Morales back as a detective... the question there is going to be if the "why" is plausable.
    Decker as being the every episode DA will be good.

When we watched it we thought they did the L&O:CI Model, but flipped it. Rotating the DA's each week, instead of the detectives... it worked for us, but not a big deal either way.

I don't think it will be a big deal... L&O has rotated and changed characters all it's history. So 10 or so episodes into this one, it will be a blip on the radar in the big picture.

BTW... has anyone seen any news about the L&O:Original Complete Series DVD Set?
    If or when one may be available?

4. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    Should be interesting to see how this shake-up changes the feel of the show. T'is a little weird to have a big change like this in the middle of the 1st season. We'll see...

5. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    I don't watch the show, but Terrance Howard annoys me to no end. I'm not sure exactly why, except that he seems whiney to me.

6. redfiver

redfiver DBSTalk Club Member

Nov 18, 2006
    NBC has had it's issues... but when they dropped Southland in favor of the Jay Leno at 10 experiment... I lost all hope in that network.

It's sad that a once proud network has dropped so low. TNT was smart to pick up Southland. It's a drama work watching and was the type of drama that could have brought NBC back into relevance.

Heroes worked for one season.. then died. I kept watching.. but it was hard. Their latest wonderkind.. Chuck... is not doing so well anymore either. The network seems to have lost all of it's heart and soul. And being bought by Comcast... well if there was any heart and soul left (even if dormant) will be completely gone after that.

7. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    NBC: No Broadcast Content

8. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    Perhaps Comcast already has taken NBCU?

9. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Hmmmm .. I really thought Skeet Ulrich and Corey Stoll (who reminds me of a certain moderator every time I see him :lol:) worked well together. The only thing that comes to mind is that they want to make it even edgier.

10. MoInSTL

MoInSTL Legend

Mar 29, 2006
    Not a fan of Terrance Howard either, but then I like the L&O format. Came to this thread to see what was going on with it and almost removed it from my Series Manager list.

Glad Southland is back. Bleeping is my only complaint as it interferes with the dialog IMO. I think Southland is a much better show too.

11. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    When does L&O:LA come back? It hasn't been on since 2010, eh?