Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by TulsaOK, Jun 14, 2011.
Just noticed this today.
I got that also on 6/13/2011 is this a new firmware?
It is. I've noticed a few enhancements and a few bugs.
And your point is?
What bugs have you noticed? For me it has improved things in a few areas such as so far it hasn't slowed down like all the previous firmwares between L662 and L683. Also fixed the "folder bug" that was introduced in L667.
No bugs yet so far,but it would be nice if maybe the designers knew how to count?.The 3 hour guide has 7 rows not 6,the 1 1/2 hour guide has 5 rows,not 4,and the 1 hour guide has 4 rows not 3?.:lol:
Closed Captions seem to take ~30 seconds after the option is set.
I'm happy about the folder bug getting addressed. I figured that would be around a while.
Still checking things out.
Very helpful, thanks.
Don't mention that.
Just got 6.85 and noticed that if you leave it paused for 5 seconds it moves to a small on-screen on the upper right just showing the pause icon and time to live.
Cool! Is this new on 6.85?
Yeah, it's new. Pretty cool. Usually, when I paused I would hit Fwd then cancel to get rid of the whole thing.
You now have to "Clear Entry" prior to a Search; otherwise it appends the last search criteria which will not work.
Regression testing anyone?
You and all customers are the QA workforce. Much cheaper for the company ...
Editing the start time of a recording will be reset after the nightly update, at least that's what I'm noticing. I set a timer for Braves baseball game (9:30). The start time includes the pre-game show which I'm not interested in so I edit the time to start 30 minutes later (10:00). All is good. After the daily maintenance, the time in the Daily Schedule has been reset to the original time (9:30). If I edit the timer, it shows the start time is 10:00; they don't match. The time in the Daily Schedule is when the recording will start; not the time it shows in the timer itself. I have only noticed this with the latest update.
Well so far the one bug I have found is for some reason my 722k/wMT2 decided to try and record all the episodes of Pawn Stars on the History Channel,when I had previously selected Only New.So I deleted the timer and reset it up,the next day it was all listed again in My Schedule.So I just deleted the timer and will keep checking for new episodes myself.All the rest of my timers have not had any issues recording Only New,so.....
It would be nice of somebody from the Dish IRT could give us a contact to report the bugs from the latest upgrade. I don't know why new bugs are always introduced whenever an upgrade is released (maybe I should say "escaped"). Do you guys not do regression testing? If it works on the previous firmware how does it get screwed up on the next release? This always happens. And yeah, I have a little experience in this area.
I'm going to disagree with you a little. If this only happened with Dish, I might agree, but it happens with Microsoft, both in Windows and Office (And other applications), happened with Apple on the Itunes application for the web browser. And on and on,things that worked stopped working correctly. I am not anywhere in the league of those programmers, but did program the original program to dispatch emergencies (Now called CAD systems) at our dispatch center years ago. There are always unintended consequences when you make a change, even with regression testing, as the program(s) become more involved and complicated. I know you would think dish would test it out on their receivers, and of course they do. In addition, they roll it out only to some at a time to further see if anything goes wrong.
If something that goes wrong affects all the receivers after downloading, that would sound like something that should have been caught, and that has happened to Dish in the past, as well as other companies. But when it affects only some, it may well be the result of something that just was not anticipated as much as they tried to cover all possibilities. Just one example? Happened to me with the 508. Back when Dish has distants from many cities, I got Tampa as a distant network. When we got a SW upgrade, all of a sudden when I scrolled through the guide, after going by the Tampa channels the guide would slow to a crawl, and the whole receiver was sluggish. Only a reboot would fix it. When I realized it was only after passing the Tampa distants, I avoided them, and all was well. Since there were no posts about this problem, I had little to go on, but did notify Dish. We finally found it was specifically the FOX channel WTVT causing the problem. With the software update, that channel was treated differently than all the others, but only when your Zip code started with "0." The older software did not do a certain authorization check that the new one did. Only the that channel had an abnormality that "confused" for lack of a better word the receiver/program when it passed through to a customer with a "0" starting a zip code.
That would be very hard to find till it happens.
Pointing to other bad acts to justify these bad acts is hardly a defense.