1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

L756 for 722K Over Night

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Rduce, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Rduce

Rduce Legend

May 15, 2008
    Turned on my set to find it the middle of a download of new software L756 any one know what it is for? Seems as though 755 was just a couple of weeks ago...

2. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    There is only general information available about the update, no specific details. Thanks.

3. Rduce

Rduce Legend

May 15, 2008
    Well, what is the general info Ray...LOL

4. kcolg30

kcolg30 Godfather

May 11, 2010
    What does the L756 break on the 722k?

5. Rduce

Rduce Legend

May 15, 2008
    So far I have not found that it has broken or fixed anything...

6. beandaddy

beandaddy Mentor

Oct 11, 2007
    The past two days my program guide isn't updated. I pull the plug and that doesn't get it back, I managed to find a way to force it to update the guide.
    I'm out of contract and considering ditching dish and going back to dtv. When I had it I didn't have 5% of the hw /sw issues with the hr20 as I do with the 722.

7. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    No problems here!

8. wafflejuice

wafflejuice New Member

Jun 12, 2009
    I've been having a strange issue since L756. If I'm recording two shows at once with the 2 sat tuners where one program ends before the other, the tuner with the completed program won't release. In other words, the show on one tuner is no longer recording, but if you try and change the channel you get the warning pop-up that you're going to cancel a recording when there's no recording going on with that tuner (and no other recording is shown in progress in the DVR menu). I haven't tried to "cancel" the phantom recording because I don't know if it would affect the recording on the other sat tuner still in progress.

Also I had this weird issue where I set a recording for a program overnight and instead of the recording stopping at the end of the timer it continued and I had to manually stop it the next morning when I got up after several additional hours had been recorded. :confused: