1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Last Chance for Dish Network at the Whalerfan entertainment complex

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by whalerfan, Jul 13, 2012.

1. whalerfan

whalerfan AllStar

May 31, 2007
    About to make the call to Directv to see what they'll do to win us back. No SNY on D* is the deal breaker. I know what's going on with Viacom but they will eventually resolve that. Perhaps I can even use this to my advantage. I know that there are some out there that will say "don't let the door hit you on the way out" but I also know that D* peeps look at these threads and not having the NYC RSN's available cannot be a good business model.

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    E* is for Dish/Echostar, D* is for DirecTV... imperfect abbreviations to be sure, but I didn't define them :)

Thus your post is confusing... I assume you were referring to Dish when you said "D*"?

What exactly is your Dish complaint that is making you want to switch?

3. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    "Don't let the door hit you on the way out" remember the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence.

4. whalerfan

whalerfan AllStar

May 31, 2007
    Oops, you are correct. Many apologies. Yes E* may look a bit better but it's refusal to carry the NY RSN's has cost them a customer. Plus I got a pretty good deal coming back. I've had both. Dish looks better. D* offers what my family wants. That's all.

5. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Thanks for confirming. I guess the only other question left to ask would be "why now"? I mean... since I'm in NC I can't say if Dish ever had those NY RSNs since I wouldn't have received them anyway... but hasn't it been pretty much forever since they carried them IF they did? So, what pushed the button this week?

I assumed all the people who really wanted those NY RSNs had jumped ship long ago as it doesn't look like Dish has any urgency to revisiting them.

6. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    Well, lessee...

SNY, owned by the Dolans, right? What else do they own...?

Yeah, you might as well jump ship. SNY won't be back before AMC will be. If at all.

7. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    Dish's refusal? Or Dolan's refusal to be reasonable?

8. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC

Yes.

9. dstout

dstout Legend

Jul 19, 2005
    SNY is not owned by the Dolans. It is owned by the Mets, TWC, and Comcast.

The Dolans own MSG.

10. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    The Dolans also do not own Yes ... which is off DISH (never been there) because of their insistence to be delivered to every DISH customer whether they wanted the channel or not.

11. whalerfan

whalerfan AllStar

May 31, 2007
    They dropped SNY at the expiration of the contract opening day last year. But UCONN athletics are now exclusively on SNY. No SNY, no Huskies football, basketball, women's basketball. Plus, the Mets aren't completely stinking out the joint (yet).

12. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I can understand that then... I was wondering what had changed. Fortunately the RSN that carries ACC games hasn't ever been an issue (fingers crossed)... but I can see where it would be a problem if you're a UCONN fan and couldn't watch the games next season. I often watch UCONN games when they are on CBS since they typically field a good team (both men's and women's basketball) every season.