1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Last connect?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by spyz88, May 19, 2008.

1. spyz88

spyz88 New Member

May 19, 2008
    Well along with my other problems I have been trying to figure out how the software update works. I have it set to update at 5:00am since I am usually up til 1am and I know it needs to shutoff with the inactivity timer (which the minimum is 4 hours).

Yet when I am in the system info it says last connect 5/13/08. Also last night I was trying to see what was on at 8pm and it said it needed to download the program guide. I have the broadband setup and it says OK when I check it so im not sure how exactly the software update works and why that and the program guide are not working.

Is there anyway to force an update?

2. Ken Green

Ken Green Hall Of Fame

Oct 6, 2005
    You can force a nightly update, by going to Menu >8 >5, and setting the time for two minutes ahead of the current time, then put the receiver in Stand-By.
    Once the update completes (the receiver will reboot) be certain to change your update time back to its normal time.
    Sometimes, by moving to the very end of the program guide, a message will pop up requesting to update it. You can try that also.

3. ChuckA

ChuckA Hall Of Fame

Feb 7, 2006
    The inactivity timer does not need to kick in for the nightly update. The receiver just needs to in in stand by mode, which is what you get when you turn it off but still have power to it, and no recording being done.

The last connect is the last time it called out to Dish, which is nothing to do with the nightly update. The nightly update takes place using the sat signal not the broadband or phone line.

4. langlin

langlin Godfather

Apr 8, 2005
    I believe the software has been changed so that it will go get an EPG update and reboot even if it is NOT in standby. When it comes to the time fo your update, in my case 3 am, if the unit is not recording it will give you a warning and then reboot and download the nightly update. If you are recording, it will wait until recording is finished and then reboot. At least this is the way mine works now.

Also "Check switch" will force a download too.

5. lujan

lujan Hall Of Fame

Feb 10, 2004
    It will also give you the option of not doing the update.

6. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    That is the way mine works as well.

7. Ken Green

Ken Green Hall Of Fame

Oct 6, 2005
    Mine also...cannot tell if it momentarily goes into Stand-By when you OK the update, or if it just goes to a reboot.