1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Late Late Show Going HD (Craig Ferguson)

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by mreposter, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Aug 3, 2009 #1 of 13
    mreposter

mreposter Hall Of Fame

Jul 29, 2006
    from http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com

Starting on August 31, CBS will begin broadcasting THE LATE LATE SHOW with CRAIG FERGUSON in high def. They'll also debut a new show opener, featuring Craig in several iconic Los Angeles locations, scored to an updated version of the current show theme song.

So we can see even more clearly just how bad the jokes are...

2. Aug 3, 2009 #2 of 13
    hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    ....and Craig is no poster child either.....eeeeechhh...

3. Aug 3, 2009 #3 of 13
    scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    I think Craig is better than Dave...

4. Aug 3, 2009 #4 of 13
    Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    :up: :D This is awesome ... Craig has some great opening bits, especially his lip-sync "rock-outs" (with random puppet appearances) and his monologues are so well-crafted but they appear to be off the cuff, and HD is now the icing on the cake. :)

It's hard to stay up
    It's been a long, Long Day
    And you got the sandman at the door
    But hang on, leave the TV on
    And let's do it anyway
    It's ok
    You can always sleep through work tomorrow, OK?
    Hey hey
    Tomorrow's just your future yesterday...

5. Aug 4, 2009 #5 of 13
    mreposter

mreposter Hall Of Fame

Jul 29, 2006
    Slightly off topic, but has Conan gotten any better? The last time I watched him it was still pretty rough around the edges with many of his funny bits just falling flat. Many of the late night shows spend most of their time doing comedy bits, I'd much rather see someone who could do a really good interview. Dave seems to be the only one out there that gets that idea.

6. Aug 4, 2009 #6 of 13
    Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    I think Craig does good interviews ... they're usually funny, but for sure he is a better interviewer than Conan or either Jimmy.

7. Aug 5, 2009 #7 of 13
    trainman

trainman Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2008
    Sherman...
    I haven't seen much of a change from June to today -- for that matter, his comedy bits and interviewing style aren't much different from back when he hosted "Late Night." (In fact, many of the regular comedy bits came straight from "Late Night" -- the new ones I can think of offhand are "Twitter Tracker," "Googling with the Stars," "Andy'll Try It," and anything that involves running out the studio doors; everything else is old.)

So if you didn't like Conan before, you're still not going to like him now.

8. Aug 5, 2009 #8 of 13
    hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    They'd be better if he could speak American English....:D

9. Aug 5, 2009 #9 of 13
    mreposter

mreposter Hall Of Fame

Jul 29, 2006
    To be honest, most celebrities are pretty boring, especially when all they want to do is pitch their latest movie/tv show, etc. So maybe the increase in comedy bits isn't so bad after all. And something tells me that David Duchovny isn't going to come on Conan and suddenly develop and new crush...

10. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    If you haven't checked out Dave Letterman, you may enjoy his interviews. He's not as interested in whatever the celeb is pushing as he is in having a decent conversation, and he only gets to the movie or book or song as almost an afterthought...

11. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    David letterman is way to old looking for TV, he needs to move to radio along side Imus.

He and Paul S. are too scary looking for HD.

Cragi's show is modeled after "Souppy Sales" with senseless interviews, that's why I like it. :lol:

12. Boston_bill

Boston_bill Icon

Jul 23, 2009
    Im a huge Letterman fan. I just dont like Ferguson. Love watching the LS in HD

13. Boston_bill

Boston_bill Icon

Jul 23, 2009
    I never warmed up to Conan, Letterman's ratings have really improved the last couple of months.