1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Late sports alert

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by tbirds118, May 13, 2013.

1. tbirds118

tbirds118 Mentor

May 28, 2009
    If you have your dvr set to record the Bruins/Leafs game on CNBC, be aware that the guide has the game on from only 7pm/e-8pm/e and then regular programming on after that. You'll either need to manually record, record the programs during those time periods or extend your live recording.

2. charlie460

charlie460 Godfather

Sep 12, 2009
    I know this is long past, but I can't possibly fathom why they would do something like this, putting hockey in a 2 hour time block or a 1 hour time block in this case is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. EVERY BROADCAST WILL BE AT LEAST 2 HOURS AND 30 MINUTES. Why make the slot any shorter?

3. texasbrit

texasbrit DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 9, 2006
    Blame NBC. Yet another example of how poor NBC is at handling sports. Actually IMHO NBC is not very good at handling anything.....

4. Eksynyt

Eksynyt Icon

Feb 8, 2008
    Get the NHL back on ESPN

5. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Absolutely not. I watched the NCAA Frozen Four on ESPN. The first 10-15 minutes of the final game was missed because they had on a college softball game between LSU and Florida and during the intermissions, they spent the entire time talking about the Masters. Worst coverage of hockey ever. I was glad when ESPN dumped hockey and think it would be a huge mistake if they went back. Fortunately NBC has another 8-9 years on their contract.

6. lokar

lokar Icon

Oct 7, 2006
    I agree, I don't know why people always seem to want ESPN back. Their coverage was never that good and as this poster says, it was always obvious that hockey was way down their priority list.

7. tjguitar

tjguitar Mentor

Aug 23, 2006
    Eh, I thought ESPN's coverage of the NHL was just fine until they got the NBA contract.