1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

launch online now

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by -, Feb 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

View webcast at www.ilslaunch.com

2. Guest

Great launch! E*7 is on its way to orbit!

3. Guest

Darn! Missed the launch this morning. Glad everything went okay. I guess Charlie saved a bundle on insurance.

4. Guest

No, no Chris :)

The satellite was insured for the actual launch up until vehicle separation. As of 8:11am (Spacecraft separation) Charlie is on his own if the satellite doesn't want to work.

Anyway, it was a pretty launch.

As of 8:33 am still awaiting spacecraft aquisition.

See ya
    Tony

5. Guest

Satellite aquired at 8:47. Good stuff. Charlie later said that they have a lot of work ahead of them to get the satellite operational by April.

See ya
    Tony

6. Guest

I left for work when they were still waiting to aquire the spacecraft. (What a great looking launch!)

The voice of the launch said that the satellite would be in a test orbit for 10 days and then would be moved to final orbit and ready for use about 45 days after the 10 day park in the test orbit. This according to my math is 55 Days. Which brings us to around April 18th for the bird to start loading.

Scott

7. Guest

grrrrr.....I just went to watch it, and got the message, "event is being archived, will be available later". :(

8. Guest

Wow...That was kinda cool, my 2 boys loved it. :)
    Wonder if Dish will show another broadcast of it on channel 101 ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.