1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Law & Order & Law & Order CI

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by sacalait, Oct 29, 2008.

1. sacalait

sacalait Godfather

Aug 6, 2007
    West Palm...
    New season of L&O premieres Wed. Nov 5th @ 10 EST.

New season of L&O CI (featuring Jeff Goldblum) premieres Fri. Nov 7th @ 9 EST.

I've checked by SL's, have you?

2. cb7214

cb7214 Icon

Jan 25, 2007
    wow kind of surprising, i figured it was going to be another midseason start like last year

3. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    NBCU is gambling on weaknesses in the other networks.

They've redone Wednesday by moving Friday's "Life" (which had a 27% total viewers and a 38% key demo viewers DVR bump) to Wednesday between Knight Rider and the new season of L&O. Right now ABC's 9-11 lineup of "Private Practice" and "Dirty Sexy Money" are doing poorly behind "Criminal Minds" and "CSI:NY". So they're reasonably assured of #2.

On the other hand, on Friday at 9 CBS' "The Ex-List" had to be dumped. NBC itself is burying "Crusoe" and "Lipstick Jungle" but NBCU's USA has a cable "hit" with "Starter Wife" at 10 and so their going after the 9 position with "L&O:CI" which will make it hard for CBS to get significant numbers. (ABC and Fox let Friday more or less slide, hoping the other two will screw up which CBS did by dumping "Moonlight").

4. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    I am not looking forward to Jeff Gold-Dork this season..

5. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006

Don't bother. NBCU pushed CI back to 2009 today.

http://thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=7821

6. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I love the writer's comment "No reason was given for any of the aforementioned changes." I frankly wondered who thought "L&O:CI" viewers and "Start Wife" viewers had alot in common. But networks have done dumber things.