1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lease Costs For HD DVR and Dish?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Craiger, May 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Craiger

Craiger Guest

Feb 23, 2006
    Hi. Is is too early to talk about what DirecTV's new HD DVR and HD slimline dish will cost and if their will be any installation costs if you are a current DirecTV customer? Thanks, Craig.

2. Craiger

Craiger Guest

Feb 23, 2006
    I forgot to add that I have DirecTV's regular DVR.

3. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    No, its not too early, but probably unnecessary.

;)

The smart money would be that it will be comparable to todays pricing, if not slightly cheaper...The AT9 goes for about $99, I cant imagine the slimline AT9 will go for anything more...and in most cases they wont make it easy to "own" the new HD DVR when it comes out....if you are paying to upgrade to an HD DVR and you do it through D*, as they do now, they would come out and install a new dish as part of the upgrade, especially in any market that has its locals in HD via mpeg-4......

4. Craiger

Craiger Guest

Feb 23, 2006

Thanks for the info. Wouldn't the DVR still have an upgrade cost in addition to the lease fee?

5. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Most likely, just like today if you called to upgrade from any SD DVR model, to the HD DVR....only today that upgrade doesnt require an AT9 dish since the HR10 isnt mpeg4 capable...

6. Craiger

Craiger Guest

Feb 23, 2006
    Thanks for the info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.