1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leased or Owned?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by Sherman67, Sep 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sherman67

Sherman67 Mentor

Sep 14, 2006
    I'm a little confused. I've tried searching but could not find a solid answer. As a current HR10 owner, if I accept DirecTV's $99 upgrade fee, will the HR20 be a leased unit or will I own it? It was my understanding that all new HD DVRs were suppose to be leased units, but I've read a few post where the customer stated that they will own the box (HR20). Anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks

2. jamieh1

jamieh1 Hall Of Fame

May 1, 2003
    When I called this morning she gave me the option of lease or own, she said since I already own my HR10-250 that Its my choice.

3. dervari

dervari Icon

Dec 1, 2005
    I went with the lease option. If it goes kaput, they provide me with another one. If I ever leave DTV, I'd have no use for it. I got it for $20 out of pocket, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to return if if we leave DTV

4. Darkshade

Darkshade New Member

Jun 22, 2006
    When I scheduled installation I asked that the new HR20 be listed as owned since I owned my HR10-250. When I activated the HR20, they confirmed that the HR20 was in fact owned and I also got to keep my HR10-250 (even though I deactivated it)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.