1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Leased or Owned?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by Sherman67, Sep 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sherman67

Sherman67 Mentor

Sep 14, 2006
    I'm a little confused. I've tried searching but could not find a solid answer. As a current HR10 owner, if I accept DirecTV's $99 upgrade fee, will the HR20 be a leased unit or will I own it? It was my understanding that all new HD DVRs were suppose to be leased units, but I've read a few post where the customer stated that they will own the box (HR20). Anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks

2. jamieh1

jamieh1 Hall Of Fame

May 1, 2003
    When I called this morning she gave me the option of lease or own, she said since I already own my HR10-250 that Its my choice.

3. dervari

dervari Icon

Dec 1, 2005
    I went with the lease option. If it goes kaput, they provide me with another one. If I ever leave DTV, I'd have no use for it. I got it for $20 out of pocket, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to return if if we leave DTV

4. Darkshade

Darkshade New Member

Jun 22, 2006
    When I scheduled installation I asked that the new HR20 be listed as owned since I owned my HR10-250. When I activated the HR20, they confirmed that the HR20 was in fact owned and I also got to keep my HR10-250 (even though I deactivated it)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.