1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leaving Dish

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Paul Secic, Feb 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    Yup I'm leaving Dish for Comcast Silver which includes 1 movie pak, chosed HBO for $80.00, and a $10 discount on my Internet. I tried ordering a DVR $11 per month, but their computers were down. They said you can record one show, while watching another show. I'll find out:D My install date is March 8th..

I'll still be a part of this board, as I like it....

2. thefunks67

thefunks67 Godfather

Feb 4, 2007
    Care to elaborate in WHY you are leaving?

Make sure you change your tag line on the 8th. :)

Good Luck with Comcast!

-Funk

3. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Sorry to see you go over to the "dark side" of the force ;)

4. smitty

smitty New Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Hi new guy here just switched from Com. Beware of the inadequate equipment that they are passing out . I had the HD-DVR by Motorola and it would prioritize recordings on 12-31-1989 preempting actual recordings. This happened on several boxes that i kept swapping out. Good luck :rolleyes:

5. Bill R

Bill R Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2002
    Not answering for Paul but most people leave because they think "the grass is always greener". There is a LOT of that going on right now especially with all the "half truth" ads that the cable companies run and the package deals (and/or discounts) that the cable companies offer.

It would be interesting to see some numbers on the people that switch and then switch to another vendor once their discounted offer expires. I know one person that has switched six times in the last 10 years.

6. finniganps

finniganps Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    I won't consider it as long as cable still has a lot of their channels analog...PQ is aweful!

7. Bill R

Bill R Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2002
    Around here cable still has a reliability problem. I still keep basic cable ($13.25 a month) for backup but in the past month it has been out three times (I only know that bacause my neighbors called and asked if mine was working).

What bothers me about our local cable company is that they are really starting to push their digital phone service. I think that if cable companies offer services like that they should be held to the same standards (level of service) that the landline phone companies are. Currently, that are not. Most people don't know that and the cable companies sure don't tell them when they sell their phone service.

8. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    Free equipment, true VOD.

9. heisman

heisman Icon

Feb 11, 2007

Just switched to dish from Comcast. Dish was $6 a month for a free dvr that works on 2 tv's. Comcast is $12 a month for a free dvr with half the space and works on 1 tv. Their HD VOD offerings are basically non-existent. Also, Comcast packages are much higher priced (at least for my needs). The one advantage that I will give Comcast is their HD picture quality--unmatched (IMO).

10. jarvantgroup

jarvantgroup Icon

Mar 24, 2006
    Yep. It is said that the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, but they'll never tell you that it is growing above the septic tank. LOL. :icon_cool

11. heisman

heisman Icon

Feb 11, 2007
    Guilty as charged! ;)

12. R MaN

R MaN Cool Member

Feb 23, 2007
    No offense to Dish..... But I was going to get the Dish network and the main thing that turned me from getting Dish has been the reported problems with the vip 622 and vip 211..... Audio loss, HDMI inputs not working or snapping away..... Back to Charter for the time being... No offense to Dish.

13. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    No HD here. I'll get one in 2 to 5 years perhaps. A friend has a 28" LCD HDTV, but no HD just AT100. Some people don't want it. They just watch TVLAND and History.

14. heisman

heisman Icon

Feb 11, 2007
    I understand perfectly. Hey, if my wife was single and someone offered her a package for $20 a month that included Lifetime, Oxygen (she really loves that old lady sex show), locals, and nothing else, she would be all over that like flies on sheeite. I, on the other hand, won't watch anything that isn't in HD. I'm too good for SD. :lol:

15. heisman

heisman Icon

Feb 11, 2007
    What STB do you use with Charter? This VIP model is 1000x better than the Moto 6412 that I used with Comcast.

16. R MaN

R MaN Cool Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Charter won't be here until next week to install the hi-def box...

17. elbodude

elbodude Legend

Jul 13, 2006

Good luck! I have first hand experience with their Moto DVR, and it's HORRID!!

18. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    For some reason I can't order it online.

19. Jhon69

Jhon69 Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2006
    Central San...
    Yea that's what I thought too that the grass was greener.......After one year I can
    report the grass is not only greener but grows faster too.I don't wake up and find
    pieces of grass missing for one month at a time.Must be some disease on the other side of that fence.:rolleyes:

20. minnow

minnow Legend

Apr 25, 2002
    Although I still have the superstation package from Dish and the DNS from All American, we made the switch to TWC last fall. For the next three years, I'll paying less than I was with Dish. I took their all-in-one pkg and will be saving money than the AT60 pkg, Roadrunner with TWC and phone service with the local phone company. With TWC I have two premiums(HBO and Showtime), their HD package, and every regular channel they offer(which is comparable to the AT250) for less money. Now after three years, I'll need to look at this again, but 36 months of saving money for more choices is nothing to sneeze at.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.