1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Leffler dies after accident in dirt car event

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by fluffybear, Jun 13, 2013.

1. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    From WSB:

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    It is a wonder that more don't get seriously hurt or killed in those cars. Man they really have some violent end over end and barrel rolls in those races all the time, usually more than one per race.
    I feel bad for his wife and son for sure.

3. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    From Fox Sports:

4. iceturkee

iceturkee DINFOS Trained Killer DBSTalk Club

Apr 1, 2007
    daytona...
    he was a single father.

5. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    I wish I could say he was the first to die in a sprint car ... even this year. It would be better to say that he will be the last to die but I can't say that either.

As a nationally known driver his death will bring more attention to the hazards of the sprint car level of racing. I'm not sure what will or can be done to lessen the dangers. Unfortunately wrecking is part of racing and it is all part of the show until someone dies.

Best wishes to Charlie.