1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Legacy DVR question

Discussion in 'Standard Definition Receiver Support Forum' started by PDX-Stan, Oct 12, 2012.

1. PDX-Stan

PDX-Stan New Member

Oct 12, 2012
    Out in the country is this old cable system still running 60 analog channels.

I had a simple DVR (RCA Scenium DRS7000) which went belly-up. Instead of buying a new DVR, I was wondering about an older used DVR. I know that some of them had an antenna for off-air signals. Did any of these have the capacity to tune-in analog cable?

Was there a way to manually set the clock and manually set record times? Obviously, I'm not considering paying for any type of subscription.

TIA,

Stan.

2. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    About the closest you can come to that now is to "build your own" - start with a Windows PC (anything semi-modern - since 2005 and running at least Windows 2000 (XP is better)) and "enough" harddrive space. You can find some TV tuner cards from Hauppauge that can record this (and yes - they have a scheduler).

Or - you can look for old Tivo or Replay units, but I'm not too sure how much luck you'll have getting them up and running.