1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Legacy setup and 921/942?

Discussion in 'Technical Talk (Closed Forum)' started by cooper, Apr 28, 2005.

1. cooper

cooper Legend/Supporter

Jan 16, 2003
    Good morning, I have a legacy setup, 3 sats going to an SW64 then to 4 receivers (1 508 and 3 510's) I would like to add either a 921 or 942 and keep all four receivers or get rid of one. Is this http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/pdf/technology/installation/install-5.pdf the only way to accomplish this? I'd rather not switch to dish pro as my sats are really high up on the roof and not easily accesible to swap out the lnbf's. Thanks.

2. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    With either solution you may have to go on the roof and all that plumbing for 6 outputs on a Legacy system is just more potential problems. All of your receivers are Dish Pro compatible, bite the bullet and pay someone to do it RIGHT. :)

3. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    I agree coop - you'd be a lot better off biting the bullet now and converting over to Dishpro. The only way to do what you want with legacy equipment is what you linked to.