1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Legacy Twin LNB w/ 322 Receiver

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by fletch259, Feb 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fletch259

fletch259 New Member

Feb 24, 2004
    Sorry if this has been answered before, but the search function isn't working. Simple question... does a legacy twin LNB work with one of the new 322 dishpro receivers? I tried to get it to work but it kept saying reception failed after I did a check switch test... Thanks for any help...

2. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Legend

Jun 28, 2002
    It should work fine. All of the new DishPro and DishPro Plus recievers are backward compatible to the legacy equipment.

3. fletch259

fletch259 New Member

Feb 24, 2004
    Hmmm.. I figured it would work but its not detecting the legacy twin. Since this is a dual tuner receiver, do I need both inputs connected simultaneously to do a successful check switch or is one sufficient?

4. Slordak

Slordak Hall Of Fame

Dec 17, 2003
    You probably need both tuners hooked up simultaneously in order to pass a check switch; this is the way it is on some of the other two tuner receivers (for example, the 921 cannot operate without two tuners).

5. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Legend

Jun 28, 2002
    It may need to be downloaded with both inputs hooked to a standard dual lnb (if you have one) before it will detect the twin. I don't think you can download the software before doing a switch test. I haven't tried, though.

6. fletch259

fletch259 New Member

Feb 24, 2004
    What software does it need to download? Hope thats not the case... All I've got is either the legacy twin or a single lnb. I'll try hooking up both tuners to the twin and see what happens.

7. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Legend

Jun 28, 2002

:eek2: OH!!!! You didn't have both tuners hooked up? You have to do that to get a successful switch test. It also won't function properly without both tuners hooked up. Definitely try that!

8. fletch259

fletch259 New Member

Feb 24, 2004
    well i hooked up both tuners and only get the 119 bird on the screen. Could the internal switch be bad?

9. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Legend

Jun 28, 2002
    It's possible. Did you hit "Test" after you went to the check switch screen after hooking up both tuners? How many tests did it go through?

10. fletch259

fletch259 New Member

Feb 24, 2004
    Yes I hit test. I did it a couple of times and got the same result. I think I have that familiar problem with the wrong sat on the wrong LNB. I am going to try the aluminum foil trick to see if that helps.. Should I adjust the azimuth or elevation first to attain a greater signal?

11. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Legend

Jun 28, 2002

If you have a Twin LNB, you can tell if you are picking up the wrong satellite with the wrong LNB pretty easily. If the switch test says:

..1..|..1..|..2..|..2..|
    ..X..|..X..|119|119.|

or

..1..|..1..|..2..|..2..|
    110.|110.|..X..|..X..|

You have pointed the dish too far in one direction or the other. Otherwise, that's not the case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.