1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

LG 60" Plasma 60PS11 Any feedback?

Discussion in 'High Definition Displays' started by Shardin, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Shardin

Shardin Legend

Nov 26, 2006
    Any one have this display? Looks like a really good deal for $1,400 + $100 shipping from Newegg. Can't decide to pull the trigger.....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889005095

LG 60" 1080p 600Hz Plasma HDTV 60PS11
    Original Price: $1,999.99
    You Save: $600.00
    $1,399.99
    This ultra-large 60” LG 60PS11 Plasma HDTV brings theater quality, high resolution images right into your living room! The incredible 2,000,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio provides the sharpest images, and the LG Dual XD Engine boosts low-resolution analog signals and reduces signal noise, for near- HD-quality images even from analog sources! The built-in ATSC tuner lets you receive broadcast digital signals without a set-top box, so you have everything you need to get a bright, gorgeous picture.

The integrated audio system features invisible system speakers and a Dolby Digital decoder; 5-mode EZ Sound settings, as well as individual controls for Bass, Treble, and Balance; Auto Volume Leveler (AVL); and SRS TruSurround XT sound technology. You’ll have a soundscape customized to your environment, preferences, and media.

SimpLink technology allows for easy control of other SimpLink components over the HDMI connection, so you’ll have less remote to fumble with! The LG 60PS11 makes it so easy to have a cinema-quality experience without leaving your own comfy sofa!

2. Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule! DBSTalk Club

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...
  3. Grentz

Grentz New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Its a decent set, Samsung and Panasonic are a bit better though overall.

IMO for plasmas (best to worst):
    -Pioneer (now out of production and Panasonic bought their patents)
    -Panasonic
    -Samsung
    -LG
    -Other house brands

Sears has been having some crazy good deals on the Panasonic 54" S1:
    http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_05710446000P?adCell=W3

4. sigma1914

sigma1914 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
  5. TreyS

TreyS Legend

Aug 22, 2006
    Best Buy has only one use..to see the TV you want in person...then buy online to save!! :D

Amazon has done me right over the years when buying large TVs. No complaints at all.

6. Grentz

Grentz New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Unless they are cheaper, which does happen on occasion with their TVs and sales. I was comparison shopping one of my TVs a few years back and BB actually had the lowest price at the time :eek2:

7. Movieman

Movieman Hall Of Fame

May 8, 2009
    I would say:
    Samsung
    LG
    Panasonic

I too would not buy a tv like that online. I normally have printed the docs and taken them to BestBuy for a price guarantee.

8. Grentz

Grentz New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    I am surprised you would say that, but each has their own opinion.

I was basing mine off the research I had done in the last few weeks looking for a new TV. The Samsungs are very nice, but have a lot more IR and some have extreme buzzing issues right now. The Panasonics seem to have the best resistance to IR, very very good picture quality after calibrating (easy to do with the settings people post over at AVSForum), and very good reliability.

9. Movieman

Movieman Hall Of Fame

May 8, 2009
    I based it on brands that I have used and personal experience. Your research is going to be of better quality to the OP but there have been times that the reviews didnt match the experiences I have seen from personal use. I have had many different types of equipment and Sammy's seem to always give me the best overall performance. Not yet in TV's either.

10. Grentz

Grentz New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Ya, I love my Samsungs as well. Probably would have a Samsung plasma if it were not for all the buzzing issues reported right now and the fact of being more prone to IR (I am using the plasma in a bedroom where lots of video games are used so IR is of concern).