1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lied to by CSR & Sups 3 new hd dvr's ordered arrive referb

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by setox, Apr 12, 2011.

1. setox

setox Cool Member

Dec 25, 2007
    I called up to process an order for 3 new hr24's the HD dvr's they worked with me and offered the receivers for $250. I call back 2 days later to process the order they said they can't do it i spoke with a supervisor and they were able to get me the receivers i wanted at $80 more at my cost. After ordering the receivers i get them delivered and not only they were not the hr24's i asked for but they were refurbished receivers. so i ordered new equipment at a price offered never got the offer previously presented and i now get refurbished receivers i went through 2 supervisors and 6 other reps. They all stated sorry that’s just the luck of the draw and we can't do anything further for your account you can always send the equipment back and kept quoting policy and never once was empathic. mind you yeah i do get credits on my account but i have 8 boxes the premier package and i have never missed a payment in over 6 years.

2. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    If you were promised HR24's, then that was a mistake on the part of the CSR. DIRECTV has no way to specify the receiver that you will get. If you weren't promised HR24's, then it was your mistake to assume that that's what you'd receive. If you want a specific model, you need to order them from a retailer, like SolidSignal [http://www.solidsignal.com/].

3. setox

setox Cool Member

Dec 25, 2007
    yeah i know that now but also last time i order the equ they did that for me also it was 2 years ago also i had the installer come with the equ not directv sending it out

4. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Sorry you were "misinformed" by the original CSR, but HD DVRs for $110 a piece is a nice discount. :D

As for your programming package and IRD count, while you bill is higher than several other customers, to them you are just another brick in the wall in that aspect of it.

5. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    Did you request installation? If an installer came, you'd get whatever they had on their truck. Still no guarantee of an HR24.

6. setox

setox Cool Member

Dec 25, 2007
    yeah it was a hell of a discount i got them for $102 after tax.. and i just came from being a sprint retentions rep so i know how call centers work i am starting soon for time warner retentions too but i can never accept that if you order new equ and fact yeah ok i was told one thing but at least tell me i may get a refurbished box

7. setox

setox Cool Member

Dec 25, 2007
    nope i didn't ask for one cause i did not need the lines ran..

8. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    Wait, you weren't even promised HR24's? And somehow the CSR lied to you when you got something else?

9. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    It's unfortunate but yeah, that's how call centers work. Some people working there just can't get things through their head and are in their own little world on how things actually work. :lol:

Yes, they should have told you that you might not get brand new HR24s I agree, but at the price you paid for what you got you should chalk this one up as a win. :)

10. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    Bottom line is you can't specifically order new equipment from DirecTV. You will get whatever referb or new units are available in the warehouse. Only way to get new for sure is to get it from a retailer.

11. setox

setox Cool Member

Dec 25, 2007
    thats what i have been told all day today.. things sure have changed since i ordered my equ last... i am just baffled that this is a business practice that is accepted by a fortune 500 company.

12. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone DBSTalk Club

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Do they work?

13. setox

setox Cool Member

Dec 25, 2007
    i have yet to put them in... im going to do that later today.... lmfao watch them don't work at all...

14. dsw2112

dsw2112 Always Searching

Jun 12, 2009
    The amount of threads detailing this issue is staggering. I understand where you're coming from, but I continually fail to understand how any member of this site can be blindsided by this issue...

15. grassfeeder

grassfeeder AllStar

Jan 24, 2011
    I just ordered new service and had my install last Saturday - I put in the "installer instructions" show up with an HR-24 or don't bother coming until you can get one.

Guess what, they showed up with an HR-24 and an H24. :)

16. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    That was total coincidence.

17. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    Please stay on topic, do not discuss each other and stay away from personal attacks.

18. dcowboy7

dcowboy7 Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2008
    Pequannock, NJ
    Leia lied to vader about dantooine so wouldnt be surprised.

19. AttiTech

AttiTech Godfather

Feb 21, 2011
    HEY! I enjoy the little world in the little cubicle I get to sit in :lol:

In all seriousness for the OP, we can't promise you anything really. We can't promise the tech would actually show up between 8am and 12pm because something could happen or he could be a jerk. We can't promise what receivers you will get...ever, even with Legacy or local swaps. Actually, I take that back, I can promise you the length of the HDMI cable I can send you, I am sending you a 2/3 prong power cable, and/or BBC's and DECA's. That's pretty much the extent of anything we can promise you that we'll send. The only contact we have with the HSP's unless it's a DTV technician, is through an email. We don't know where their office is, what their phone numbers are, ect ect. We did have the #'s at one point, but enough people called in upset and demanding the numbers that we had to stop.

My apologies on not getting the HR24's, but like everyone has stated here and on multiple different posts, it's best to go through a retailer for the equipment like solidsignal. Easiest way to gaureente the HR/H24's is be a new customer and order the MRV srvc. 99.99% of the time you get HR24's/H24's.

20. grassfeeder

grassfeeder AllStar

Jan 24, 2011
    well, if it was - the installer made a comment about the note and made said he made sure to leave in the morning with what I requested.