1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lifetime HD flickers

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by syphix, Jul 17, 2010.

1. syphix

syphix Hall Of Fame

Jun 23, 2004
    My wife is not one to complain about picture quality. She routinely watches SD channels with no complaints. But today was different.

As a stay at home mom, she's been flipping around the dial and recently has been watching programs on Lifetime HD (252) and noticed numerous flickers/black flashes. And I have to agree. After watching a few programs off the channel, I'm seeing the same thing: the picture quickly blacks out, then comes back in a fraction of a second. At first, I suspected an HDMI handshake issue, but it's recorded on the program, and completely repeatable when rewinding. The audio never drops out, only the picture...and only for a fraction of a second, but several times per show.

Are we the only one's seeing this?

2. Taltizer

Taltizer Legend

Sep 26, 2007
    I see it also and it has happened before on the Travel HD Ch. and The Hallmark HD channel and it has done this on Lifetime HD a few weeks ago its something on Directvs end maybe the encoders.

3. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Icon

Mar 7, 2007
    Yup, seeing it too, and on Hallmark/Hallmark Movies, Travel and it seems like one other 'newer' addition. Although the Hallmark Movies and Travel channels seem fine now, maybe they're working on it.

4. Bowtaz3

Bowtaz3 Legend

Sep 8, 2007
    It happened on ESPNHD earlier also

5. syphix

syphix Hall Of Fame

Jun 23, 2004
    I've seen it repeatedly on Encore HD, too. Seems to be affecting the "new" HD channels more than others.

Satracer: any insight or way to pass this on to the engineers?

6. retromzc

retromzc Legend

Sep 6, 2007
    Seeing the brief blackout flashes here too. Sometimes it's as often as twice in one minute.

7. MaxFan

MaxFan Mentor

Jul 28, 2009
    The flashing is so annoying! I am glad its not MY setup though. Whew!

8. psunate77

psunate77 Godfather

Aug 18, 2007
    :lol:

9. pdawg17

pdawg17 Hall Of Fame

Jul 17, 2006
    I've seen it the last few days on my local CSN Bay Area HD channel...I thought it was the broadcast but it seems like a problem on D*'s end I guess....