1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Limit number of Manual Program Episodes?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by briansin, Jul 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. briansin

briansin New Member

Jul 24, 2007
    Hi all,
    I record SportsCenter manually so it doesn't record all of them during the day. However, htere seems to be no way to limit the number of episodes this keeps. I just want to keep 1 or 2 of these, not infinite. Is there any way to do this?
    Thanks,
    Brian

2. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Alas, the ability to set a retention amount for manual recurring recordings went away in November. The HR20 didn't group them correctly so couldn't purge correctly. For several months now, the grouping is correct so I should think they could add the retention back in someday.

Cheers,
    Tom

3. dsss

dsss New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Sorry to dredge up an old topic but I was wondering if this if anyone knows if this is still on the drawing board to be addressed? It seems like an obvious piece of functionality to be missing for so long. I have the CE's working on my HR20-700 and 100's and as far as I can tell, this is still not enabled. I almost wonder if they simply forgot they need to add this back in?

I think it's great that DTv has spent so much time improving the UI, and it is MUCH improved but I would hope that they cover some of the basics as well.

Thanks....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.