1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linksys WGA600N Help!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Vinny*, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Vinny*

Vinny* Legend

May 17, 2008
    I just bought the Linksys WGA600N Wireless Gaming Adapter for my HR21-100. The router connected to the internet is a Linksys WRT160N. Every time I try and enter the security key in the WGA600N set up screen on the HR21, I keep getting an invalid key try again. This security key is the one I use to connect all my home computers so I am sure its correct. I disabled the security on the router and was able to connect with no problem. I really do not want to keep my network unprotected. Is there something I am not doing right?

2. Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever

Apr 1, 2007
    Make sure it's not inserting an extra space at the end of your key, particularly if you are using the right arrow after inputting each digit.

3. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone DBSTalk Club

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    As Greg said, when done entering, use the down arrow not the right arrow.

4. Vinny*

Vinny* Legend

May 17, 2008
    I did use the down arrow. Still happens.

5. Movieman

Movieman Hall Of Fame

May 8, 2009
  6. allenn

allenn Icon

Nov 19, 2005
    Georgia
    Connect the WGA600N to a PC and enter the setup menu. Complete the security information via the PC connection. Disconnect the gaming adapter and attach it to the D* dvr.

When I configured my WGA600N there was no setup in the D* dvr. I used my PC to set up the WGA600N. Once the gaming adapter is properly configured, you can get to its setup via a web browser.

7. Spanky_Partain

Spanky_Partain Active Member

Dec 7, 2006
  8. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    The easiest way to set it up is to press the WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) buttons on both the WGA600N and WRT160N (you can also use your browser to accomplish this on the WRT160N). This procedure will set up the adapter with the correct SSID and encryption key without needing to use the DVR's setup screen.