1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lip Synch issues on Monday Night Raw on USA HD

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by nth78, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nth78

nth78 Legend

Jan 15, 2007
    The mouths move a good half second before you hear the words. kind of annoying. Anyone else experiencing this?

2. alhurricane

alhurricane AllStar

Sep 21, 2007
    Experiencing the same issues here. I've had sync issues on other channels, but this is the first time I have seen it on USA HD.

3. omj

omj Legend

Jun 28, 2007
    Same here but it's nothing new. I have sync issues every other day but according to other post on here people refuse to blame directv. I honestly think the only way to resolve this is to call them every single day you experience this problem. I know I am at fault for letting it go because I don't want to be on hold waiting but it's the only way to get it fixed. That way there is a record of all the times you called about having problems.

4. Carl Spock

Carl Spock Superfly

Sep 3, 2004
    You should complain if you want to. That's what the phone line is there for. That's better than getting mad at "people [here who] refuse to blame directv."

Alternatively, send them an email every time you see a show out of sync. That may even be better. You'll have a written trail. DirecTV says on their site they respond within 24 hours. I don't find that to be the case but they do respond within the week. A couple of dozen emails will get their attention for sure.

5. N5SBP

N5SBP New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Lots of information and misinformation on this issue over on the DTV forums. Some say it is an MPEG4 problem and DTV is working on it. Sometimes you can resync the thing by switching up to an SD channel then back to the HD but this only temporary (when it works).

6. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    If it can be re-synced, I blame equipment...HR20, TV, and/or Amp, etc. If it's a channel, like last night on Raw, it's either Directv or the channel.

7. mauijiminar

mauijiminar Godfather

Oct 11, 2007
    yes I had the same problem last night of USA HD

8. omj

omj Legend

Jun 28, 2007
    I was not aware that my post was "mad at people". I am just stating the facts. It doesn't matter where the problem originates, we are paying directv for the service. They are responsible for any problems with programing. It might not be their fault originally but that is who is responsible wether you like it or not. I also continue to put up with it but that is going to change.

9. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    I very rarely experienced it in the past, but in the last couple of weeks I have noticed it several times. I have seen it on live TV, via the HR20 or through my TV's tuner. I have seen it with recordings, some I can correct with trick play and others make no difference. I cannot pick any one channel as worse than any other. From what I understand this has been an ongoing problem inherent with HDTV broadcasts due to the way the audio is/isn't synchorized to the video, apparently there are several methods used, no "standard". From what I can tell every part of the stream between the source and our TV sets could be at fault. I am certain D* is well aware of this and can ensure their equipment is working properly and put pressure on the people responsible for the rest of the systems involved. FWIW

10. omj

omj Legend

Jun 28, 2007
    Maybe directv could issue a statement like: We know our HD service that you pay 9.99 a month for is F'd up so as generous thank you for your patience while we continue to work on the problem we would like to provide this month free. Would that be so bad?

11. Carl Spock

Carl Spock Superfly

Sep 3, 2004
    No, not bad. Definitely not bad. Just highly unlikely.

It took a media firestorm to get Apple to offer a credit when the iPhones went down in price. It takes the government to get car makers to issue a recall. I haven't seen Microsoft's press release saying, "You know, Vista is real buggy so here's a free copy of XP Professional for everyone who bought Vista so you'll be happy."

I don't see DirecTV issuing a public mea culpa any time soon.

But I bet you can get a private one and maybe your $9.99 back when you complain. You may not like it but that's the way the system - and not just for DirecTV but in general - works.

12. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Sync problems where the audio is after the video are nearly always a problem from the source programming. The various issues you get in HD digital processing (including delays in DVRs and in the TV itself) usually result in delayed video.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.