1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

List of Distant Networks Who Liberally Grant Waivers?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Swampthing, May 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swampthing

Swampthing Legend

Apr 23, 2002
    Reading through these forums, it seems there's a recurring theme that some Distant Network stations are much more liberal than others in granting waivers for distant viewers out of their DMA. I thought it might be a good idea to gather a list of those stations here to help direct those of us who have lost their distant nets to some of the ones that would may be willing to sign us up.

Has anyone had any success obtaining East or West coast feeds of ABC, NBC, CBS, or FOX? Which stations seem the most willing to grant waivers on the first or second tries for folks outside their DMA? :righton:

2. Maniacal1

Maniacal1 Godfather/Supporter

Apr 9, 2002
    Swamp, the waiver has to be granted by the local station in order for you to receive the distant station. The distant station doesn't refuse or allow you to receive their signal.

3. MikeW

MikeW Hall Of Fame

May 16, 2002
    Swamp - I used to live in the Salinas/Monterey CA ADI. The local ABC affiliate switched to NBC thus allowing me to receive ABC. E* asked if I wanted them to request waivers for the others so I said sure. I lived within 10 miles of the other three station's transmitters, received a fine OTA signal. Six weeks later, NBC denied me, but CBS & FOX stations both approved the request! Don't understand how it happened, but it allowed me to have a great choice of NFL games every weekend.

4. psecic

psecic AllStar

Apr 5, 2002
    The reason NBC switched stations was KGO wanted to have the entire Bay Area to itself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.