1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

little date problem on the guide?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by FastNOC, Nov 14, 2008.

1. FastNOC

FastNOC Godfather

Sep 11, 2007
    I've got the iditarod set to record new episodes. This shows up today. note the date :)

[​IMG]

2. Bill R

Bill R Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2002
    You can blame Trubine Media (where DISH gets its data) for any mistakes in the guide. I have tried (in vain) to get problems corrected on our local PBS station for well over a year.

3. FastNOC

FastNOC Godfather

Sep 11, 2007
    I sat there for about 4 minutes making sure I wasn't being stupid and thinking the wrong date :)

I also noticed the guide has stopped being correct on survivorman dates. ALL episodes are showing up recorded in my dvr showing the first run as a couple days prior, when they're over a year old.

4. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    These errors are getting to be so routine, I've just given up in disgust. The problem is that being right 90% of the time is almost as useless as being right 10% of the time. I hope Dish gets the guide info from Tribune Media for less than a penny per customer per day as that's all it is worth.

5. dennispap

dennispap Icon

Feb 1, 2007
    Ive seen that before. I think that the incorrect date shown was the date it was originally scheduled to run, but the show then got changed to an earlier date, but the info didnt get changed. Im sure tribune gets the info a couple of weeks in advance, so plenty of program changes can happen before the air date.

6. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    Tribune data is inconsistant. I have a daily program that I record that ended up in 2 different folders because someone at Tribune changed the way the program's title was abbreviated one day.

Speaking of folders, I wish that programs with episode numbers could sort by the episode numbers.

7. FastNOC

FastNOC Godfather

Sep 11, 2007
    After reading this i did some thinking and I'm pretty sure this is exactly what the problem was. the show runs during primetime during weekdays (can't remember4 if its mon or tues)

But here's the kicker. of course it wasn't the itidarod race taht the timer recorded in the first place. lol Which makes sense since it was a guide goof up

8. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    FYI: "This Week in Nascar" airing at 8pm ET Monday the 17th on Speed (150) also has the 18th as it's air date.