1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Live Buffers

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by fourhokiefans, Mar 17, 2012.

1. fourhokiefans

fourhokiefans Cool Member

Jul 26, 2009
    I have been with D* for the last 9 years and moving back to E* with the Hopper/Joey platform. I have been searching these boards and others to understand the changes, but I haven't seen anything regarding live buffers. Any knowledge out there?

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    What is the question? There appears to be one hour live buffers on each tuner that is not in use for recording. That matches what is on the 622. If a timer event is recording one can rewind back to the beginning of the event regardless of how far back it started.

3. fourhokiefans

fourhokiefans Cool Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Thanks James. I have no current knowledge of E* receivers as it has been 9 years since I was with them - I just know that I have been spoiled with the ability to toggle between two active programs.

4. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    You can do that on any of DISH's two tuner receivers (in single mode) and the Hoppers (not Joeys).