1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Live pre-season games on NFL ST?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by FenceMan, Aug 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aug 7, 2006 #1 of 14
    FenceMan

FenceMan Mentor

Nov 21, 2004
    I am a first time NFL ST (and superfan) subscriber. I am wondering if I can get the live preseason games (specifically my Tennessee Titans)? If I look on the website I see all preseason games listed on channel 212, I know all will be shown on NFL network tape delay, question is can I get them live (and can I get them in HD)?

2. Aug 7, 2006 #2 of 14
    anex80

anex80 Legend

Jul 29, 2005
    Midwest
    Unless they've changed something since last year you will only get the tape delay games on NFL Network, just like the rest of the world who has NFL Network and does not subscribe to Sunday Ticket. The D* website adds the line "All Pre-season NFL Games" to their Sunday Ticket offering to make it more appealing but it's no different for anyone who doesn't pay the extra $250 price. The only live games will be those in which the NFL Network is broadcasting live to the rest of the world (assuming you don't live too close to the teams playing in which case you will be blacked out altogether).

3. Aug 7, 2006 #3 of 14
    morgantown

morgantown Icon

Nov 15, 2005
    anex80 hit the nail on the head. There was even a thread a few weeks back that had people (inlcuding me :() thinking that this year would be different. No different...the games are either on you local or on the NFL network that all DTV subscribers get.

No advantage to the NFLST for pre-season, only during the regular season until playoffs start.

4. Aug 7, 2006 #4 of 14
    FenceMan

FenceMan Mentor

Nov 21, 2004
    This probably will not suprise you but I was told by a CSR while ordering that I would get all pre-season games via the NFL ST package.

I guess the $350.00 I spent for the NFL ST and SuperFan isnt enough to get the pre-season games as well...

5. Aug 8, 2006 #5 of 14
    ajwillys

ajwillys Godfather

Jun 14, 2006
    I know this has nothing to do with Directv but you can still (usually) see the preseason games live if you have a big dish that can pull in the station. I know the local chapter of my Browns Backers has found a sports bar with a big dish and is showing all the Browns games live. You might try finding a Titans fan club and see if they have made similar arrangements. Sports bars are usually more than willing to accomodate fan clubs on what would otherwise be a slow night.

If you can't find a Titans fan club watching it, you could also look for a opponent's who might be watching it.

Good luck!

6. Aug 8, 2006 #6 of 14
    George_T

George_T Legend

Sep 19, 2002
    Is there such a thing as a Titans fan club? :lol:

7. HockeyKat

HockeyKat Legend

Jul 5, 2006
    Here's a related question for you all. If you have the SportsPak, will the pre-season games NOT in your local RSN be blacked out? I have a friend that wants to know if he can see the Steelers games after this week (which I understand is live on the NFL network this sunday) since ST doesn't seem to work for pre-season this year. Do they lift the blackout rules for pre-season, or is he SOL?

8. anex80

anex80 Legend

Jul 29, 2005
    Midwest
    Yes. He should be able to watch the replay on NFL Network but even the replays on the RSN will be blacked out.

9. HockeyKat

HockeyKat Legend

Jul 5, 2006
    So no chance of seeing live games on the RSNs then, huh?

10. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    Nope, just like any other big sports on the RSN's. The RSN sports pack is always a joke, always blacked out.

11. FavreJL04

FavreJL04 Legend

Feb 4, 2006
    Ain't that the truth. You pay 12 bucks a month and the only thing you gain is the ability to watch what's on your local RSN at a different time, a bunch of infomercials, maybe a couple local pre-game shows or team reports, or the ass end of a game that may run over the time allotted. The leagues are taking it too far with the blackout thing. They are basically telling you which team you will watch ONLY because of where you live. I guess that's why DirecTV will give you a $10 per month credit on the Sports Pack for a 6-month period. I tell ya...that is the only reason I am signed up for it. The most useful channels are ESPN U, CSTV, Outdoor Channel, Fox Soccer Channel, and NBA TV.

12. muledoggie

muledoggie AllStar/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Dec 6, 2004
  13. Gary Toma

Gary Toma UNIX DBSTalk Club

Mar 22, 2006
    You'll get to see the Titans vs the Packers at 1:00 pm PDT on September 1'st.

It will be LIVE on channel 212, but not broadcast in HD.

14. VaJim

VaJim Godfather

Jul 26, 2006
    Virginia...
    ...another reason I have Sirius satelite radio as back-up to my ST.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.