1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Live Stats on MLB Games

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Nachosgrande, Aug 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nachosgrande

Nachosgrande Cool Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere, but I have the MLB EI Package, and the colored activity buttons will allow you to view boxscores in real time. Hit the red button and a menu will pop up for boxscores, standings, stats, etc.

Blue button switches to Game Mix

This is great for those in fantasy leagues who want to see stats without having to go online.

I did notice that the functionality is not as robust for the HD games (only a few options available and no boxscores).

This is a great new interactive tool that has eased the transition from TiVO!

2. Canis Lupus

Canis Lupus You make it, We break it

Oct 16, 2006
    Hi nachos, (always wanted to type that :) )

I don't have MLB, but have NFL and the same robustness is lacking in the HD versions of the games as it appears MLB has as well.

Either way, these packages aren't cheap, and I'm hoping they'll start to get a lot more robust in HD for the price being charged.

3. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    Ditto, for paying more for Super fan, we should get all the stats on the HD games.

4. d max82

d max82 Godfather

May 23, 2007
    I agree that I really like the interactive features, but here are my gripes about them. (Note: Since I pay $40 for this feature, and I know its available, I'm going to use it, but D* has made it very hard for the customer).

1) Yellow button is supposed to bring up scores, but sometimes will change the
    audio (audio1 to sap channel).

2) No way to access mini guide in extra innings. How about green button when nothing is on screen to clear? Or leave it the blue button like on all other channels and have the green take you back to the game mix when there is nothing to clear. I think this should work as I get the "invalid" beep if I press the green button with nothing to clear.

3) Piching stats are way too slow to be useful. So is at bat statistics. Often the stats are 1 to 2 batters behind the actually action.

4) It would be nice to be able to tune directly from the mix channel to games not
    shown in mix (maybe by highlighting "box" of ticker scores?). In all reality I use the mix channel as my "guide" to whats currently onbecause of the inability to access the mini-guide. This problem is eliminated by ability to access miniguide (problem #2).

5) As mentioned before, lack of full stats on HD games.

6) Mix channel "Highlighted box" for current game goes away unexpectedly, leaving you having to switch off channel and back to change current game.

Theres a few other minor things, these are just a few a remember that stick out like a sore thumb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.