1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

LNB Drift Detected?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by MadScientist, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Aug 2, 2012 #1 of 15
    MadScientist

MadScientist Godfather

Nov 30, 2004
    Hello,
    I don’t know if this is a problem or not. I had issues that just started and wanted to see if the LNB drift I am having is cause of this issue.

I have a VIP 722k with software L752. I am looking at Sat’s 77, 72, and 61.5

When I checked the system I am getting LNB Drift Detected and the information that is given: 0x1c, 0xa2, 77(0+14). Could this be the reason I am losing signal during rain on the HD channels?

2. Aug 3, 2012 #2 of 15
    MadScientist

MadScientist Godfather

Nov 30, 2004
    So I guess it's ok and the way it should be.

3. Aug 3, 2012 #3 of 15
    P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    You know, +14 [MHz] is too much to use it - official threshold was +-5 MHz, while CSR will accept a request for replacement if it reach +- 8 MHz value.

Call CSR, insist you have dropouts before and during any rain, softly point to the number and get new LNBF.

4. Aug 4, 2012 #4 of 15
    EdJ

EdJ Legend

Jan 9, 2007
    What are you doing to get that information? Some kind of diagnostic?

5. Aug 4, 2012 #5 of 15
    MadScientist

MadScientist Godfather

Nov 30, 2004
    On the remote press menu and then 6..1..3

or main menu----> System setup--->Installation--->System info

6. Aug 4, 2012 #6 of 15
    P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    Just use Search for dish forums with keywords: lnb drift.
    We discussed the issue so many times ...

7. Aug 4, 2012 #7 of 15
    MadScientist

MadScientist Godfather

Nov 30, 2004
    Well I used the dish chat and it went nowhere! The guy on the other end could not understand what kind of problem I was having. He was reading off a cue card telling me to check for obstructions like braches or anything blocking the signal. He then asked if I had any snow or rain in the pass twenty-four hours, yes snow!
    I told him of the problem that I was having and this is the kind of help you get from dish! I had to send an email to the CEO office. At less when I had another problem they seem to know what to do. It’s 92 degrees outside and dish chat person asked if I had snow! Where do these people get training and where are they located the North Pole! Unbelievable!

8. Aug 5, 2012 #8 of 15
    Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Godfather

Sep 4, 2005
    It happens. You could just ask for a manager, or call back and get another person.

"LNB drift" is the key phrase. It's a fairly common problem to have.

9. MadScientist

MadScientist Godfather

Nov 30, 2004
    OK, some more information. The technician came out the other day went to the 722K and changed the splitter in the back of the unit. He connected a devise to the one cable coming from the sat and said all is good up- top. I then showed him by pressing remote to get to the System info where it checked the system and came back saying LNB drift. He said that is ok and it’s all good. But the TV is breaking up or pixilating from time to time on clear days and nights. Should I have him return to replace the LNB’s? And which one’s or do all three need to be replaced. He acted like he never heard of LNB drift before? I was somewhat put off since it says and it still says LNB drift (0+14)?? And he saw it!

10. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    See post#3.

Get new LNBF, doesn't matter what model you have. The tech must change it.

11. Mike109

Mike109 Legend

Jun 28, 2010
    Did you get a response from the CEO office?

I sent an email to the executive office over a week ago & have yet to get a response. So I emailed them again yesterday. We'll see.

12. MadScientist

MadScientist Godfather

Nov 30, 2004
    Yes I did send a email to the CEO office. This why the tech came out. Do they not know what LNB drift is? So I guess all three need to be replaced? It seemed to me when the tech was here he would only change just one? He did say call him and not dish.

13. Charise

Charise AllStar/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 25, 2004
    Call the general Dish number and ask for (or go through the menu to get) tech support. They are much more knowledgeable and can set up a visit for you specifically to change out the LNB. They helped me with this some time ago.

Good luck!

14. Cbandolier

Cbandolier New Member

Oct 27, 2015
    My signal has been on or off the last few months. Lost all signal and 3 days later it came back just fine. I had signal for 1 month or so and it went out again with a few channels still working like 205, 113 and some encore channels. I did a box reset and lost all signal and no channels working. I am getting this LNB Drift message: OxOe, Oxa7, 119(e-1241)
    I have screwed with the dish a bit so I may now have a pointing problem. I am thinking equipment is bad, any thoughts?

15. RBA

RBA Active Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    The best thing for you to do is add the protection plan and schedule a service call.