1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lnb question

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by dinobravo, Jun 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dinobravo

dinobravo New Member

Jun 3, 2007
    I've had a dish1000 with a dp44 switch, for sky angel, running for 8 months with no problems. We had received some very high winds one day, which started the channels dropping out. I called Dish to have someone realign the dish. When the gentleman came out, he said that the lnb that came with the d1000 was not compatible with the switch. He swapped it out with one from a d500 system. I have strong signals again on all 3 sats, but even a little rain will wipe out every channel we get. Should he have changed my lnb, and would that have anything to do with the rain fade? :confused:

2. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    You probably had a Dish Pro Plus Twin originally, he swapped it for an older and probably used Dish Pro Twin. He gained a DPP Twin to sell. You probably still need a dish realignment. Go to menu 6-1-1 and check signal strengths on transponder 11 on 110/119/129 and post them along with your city. Someone will chime in with how you compare to others in that general area.

3. dinobravo

dinobravo New Member

Jun 3, 2007
    110 is 100, 119 is 87, 129 is 72. I'm in Hamilton, Ohio 45011. Should I call and complain about my lnb?

4. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Why complain about your LNB? You probably need to complain about your dish alignment, usually 119 is the stronger signal. Hopefully someone nearer your area will comment on their signal strengths.:)

5. dinobravo

dinobravo New Member

Jun 3, 2007
    (edited)

I just thought by your comment that the DPP Twin was the better of the two, and switched them thinking I would'nt care, or know the difference. I will be calling to have them do a realign today. They gave me a 90 day warrenty on the work they did. Should I make an issue of trying to get the DPP Twin back?

6. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    The DP Twin and DPP Twin can both be used with the DPP44. The DPP version is a bit of overkill since the LNB input will be bypassed and its internal Plus switching won't be used. Once hooked up, there should be no noticeable difference for the user. Neither will fix an alignment problem.

7. jarvantgroup

jarvantgroup Icon

Mar 24, 2006
    If your dish wasn't mounted properly or the adjustment bolts were not tightened fully, your problems will be ongoing until someone corrects them. I would'nt make a big deal about the LNB. Either one will suffice going to the switch. :icon_cool

8. dinobravo

dinobravo New Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Thanks for the info. Will be calling for a realignment soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.