1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lnb's

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Chad1, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chad1

Chad1 Cool Member

May 18, 2006
    In the past year that I have had dish I have had continued problems with LNB's going out. 3 In the past year now. So I had another service call yet again come out on Sunday. It again was the LNB. The tech also said the last tech who came out or atleast one of them cut the grounding line and that could be the problem as to why they keep going out. So I ask has anybody else ever had this problem with LNB's or a tech cutting the line? And could it not being grounded cause it to keep going out. Just curious. Thanx

2. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    More than likely it is just the cheapest bidder with poor quality control. Dish has had a History of LNB failure starting with a large batch from Channel Master lot # ccs9601. Since then quite a few reports of failures have shown up on dealer sites most recently on Super Dishes. Grounding has had nothing to do with the failures HEAT has been the most common problem.

3. robert koerner

robert koerner Icon

Aug 20, 2005
    If your LNBs go dead right after a Lightning storm, I'd suspect a faulty ground.

Its not that I don't trust Dish techs, but, I'd get on my roof and verify someone actually cut your grounding wire--seems very strange someone would take out a pair of cutting pliers and cut the wire! You could also verify how your system is grounded.

If your receiver sends out higher voltage than it should, that might eventually lead to LN amplifier or block converter failure.

Dish techs should be able to tell you how to check the voltage with a simple multi tester. Just make sure you don't short the output with the multi tester probes.

4. Chad1

Chad1 Cool Member

May 18, 2006
    I verified it and seen it. I would not say they go out specifically after lightning storms though. It is really a strange ordeal. He put on a different LNB that I have never had on so hopefully it helps. We will see.

5. olgeezer

olgeezer Guest

Dec 5, 2003
    That is highly unusual. Even though it is one of the first things tech support asks us to check if there is a problem, I've yet to replace one from both providers, 4 dishes 11 years.

6. robert koerner

robert koerner Icon

Aug 20, 2005
    How did they ground your antenna?

7. Mike500

Mike500 Hall Of Fame

May 10, 2002
    The most durable Dish Nerwork lnbs are the legacy ones, excepting the swaj and sw64 switch.

The legacy twin and the legacy quad are absolutely rock solid.

Even with rg59 or aging cables and connectors, the legacy lnbs will continue to perform for a long time.

I've installed hundreds of lnbs.

My personal dish has a lecgacy quad. It's been there for four years without fail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.