1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Local channels flicker and audio cuts?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by AZ_Engineer, Jun 5, 2009.

1. AZ_Engineer

AZ_Engineer Mentor

Nov 14, 2007
    I am using two HR22s with the Direct TV HDTV local channels via satelite. We often get short blips where the video stops briefly (like less than a second) and the audio seems to jump. I have a TV with OTA HD and I never get these blips. Is this a known issue with the D boxes?

2. hasan

hasan Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Ogden, IA
    Yes (verified with the following receivers)...and there are other short blips, often referred to as brrrrps on standard satellite channels as well.

HR20-700
    HR21-200/AM21 external USB tuner
    HR20-100
    H21-200/AM21

This wasn't always the case. It popped up several months ago. There was a long time right after OTA was released for the HR20-700 when we had no such problems. OTA was virtually perfect (for me, and many others). Such has not been the case for many, many months. Hopefully, D* is working on it, but I have no idea what their priority might be.

3. Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2007
    Monmouth...
    Channels 2 & 4 here in NYC have been cutting out the past few days.Stuttering.It's been better today.

4. AZ_Engineer

AZ_Engineer Mentor

Nov 14, 2007
    I have great OTA reception. Do you think it's worth getting two AM21s so I don't have to deal with this? How are they working (The AM21s)?