1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Local channels - No future Guide info

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by mraviator, Oct 6, 2008.

1. mraviator

mraviator Cool Member

Aug 24, 2008
    I'm brand new to Dish and just got it installed today. Everything seems to work great with strong signals. Problem is, when I'm looking in the Guide at the local channels (on 61.5 here in Austin TX), I can only see the very next program listing data. I cannot look 2, 3, 4 hours from now and see what is on (or record a show I want to), it just says "no infor available", or something like that.

What am I missing here?

Thanks,
    Michael

2. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    How about some more info, like
    what receivers ?
    what slots are you getting ?

3. DirectFeed

DirectFeed Cool Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Same thing happened to me on that first day. Next morning everything was fine.

4. dennispap

dennispap Icon

Feb 1, 2007
    After the guide updates tonight @ 3am you will have all of the info, or if you cant wait, a reboot of the box should get you the new guide data.

5. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Or you can force a guide download by running a check switch.

6. nismo

nismo AllStar

Jul 20, 2006
    if you click on any program in the guide with the "no info", it should prompt you to immediately download the latest guide data.

7. chainblu

chainblu Legend

May 14, 2006
    That doesn't always work for local channels, for some reason.

8. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I just replaced my 722 and had to run the check switch to get locals updated after everything was working. Puzzled me, but apparently its either that or wait for the overnight update.

9. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    On my 622 if I advanced into the part of the guide with no guide data it forces a guide download, It takes 5 - 7 minutes.