1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Local Channels out Chattanooga Market are having audio/freezing glitches on Dish Rec.

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by primey, Feb 8, 2009.

1. primey

primey AllStar

Nov 23, 2003
    I have a old Dishnetwork 2700 model receiver and my locals are freezing on me audio wise. I checked my connectors and they are good and my signal strength is like 70-71 on the locals out of the Chattanooga Market. All my other channels work fine and the odd thing is on my dual tuner receiver the locals work fine. Is this possibly the receiver? Thanks for any help..

Primey

2. TSR

TSR Legend

Feb 7, 2009
    Because of the fact that it is one of the oldest rcvrs, a Legacy model, that could very well be the reason. If a front panel reset doesn't help, a hard reset may help.

If it is all local chans it may be a cabling issue. Try swapping rcvr places, i.e. putting the Leg in place of the Duo. If the problem follows, it's the rcvr and we can send out a new one (RA), if it doesn't follow and the problem sticks in that room, it's the cabling. Those are some of the tshooting steps we use.

I don't see anything listed on the Current Channel Issues list, so you should be fine.

3. primey

primey AllStar

Nov 23, 2003
    I called Dishnet and they said they would resolve the problem in 24 hours, but I followed all procedures they told me and its still freezing on the audio. Thanks for your reply.

4. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Typically, a CSR's job is to get you off the phone as soon as possible. It reflects in their metrics. It's logged as "problem solved". When you get an answer like that, take it with a grain of salt. Of course, that's only my professional experience talking.