1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Local Channels

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by xasx, Mar 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xasx

xasx Mentor

Mar 19, 2006
    I just signed up for local channels today, but I seem to not receive them. The Dish people are sending techs out again to check why Satellite 110 did not come up when I diid Check Switch. I have a Dish 500 and I think a Dish 300. I believe the 500 is setup for use with the International Channels, and I do not get Channel 100 only 101, I have never gotten 100. Should I be able to recieve locals without an upgraded dish? The rep said the one 500 should be enough.

2. junki

junki Godfather

Feb 19, 2004
    Your dealing with Dish Network......Dont belive a word those CSR'a tell you. They dont know JACK!!!!!!!!!!
    What local market are you in?

3. xasx

xasx Mentor

Mar 19, 2006
    philly market

4. chaddux

chaddux Banned User

Oct 10, 2004
    Philly locals are split between 110 and 61.5. Channel 100 is also on 110 so if you aren't receiving 100, you don't have 110. A DISH500 is normally used for 110/119. Have you done a check switch? If so, what were the results?

5. xasx

xasx Mentor

Mar 19, 2006
    I have a dual-tuner DVR 625 for both my TVS and when I ran check switch, for both inputs it says ok for 119 and 61.5, but the third one just has an x which i guess should be for 110. When I try to verify the connection strength and check Satellite 110, it just shows that the signal is around 102, but the bar stays red instead of green and says Wrong Sat. They are sending a tech out for Monday saying I should be getting them with my current equipment.

6. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    With 61.5 you should still get a few of the locals. Check up around channel 8150 and see what is there.

7. xasx

xasx Mentor

Mar 19, 2006
    I get like NJN on I think 48, but none of the major ones like ABC at 8150.

8. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    What are the rest of the check switch results that Chad asked for? It should also be showing you what type of LNB and/or switch you have. Soundds like what happens when you feed the output of an SW21 into another SW21.

9. xasx

xasx Mentor

Mar 19, 2006
    I got 61.5 OK, Dual, Switch DP34 and the same for 119 and the third one was all X and said NC instead of dual.

10. chaddux

chaddux Banned User

Oct 10, 2004
    Hmm. Well, I'm no expert with installations but it sounds like the 110 feed just isn't plugged into the switch. Can you go look at your switch? Are there two or three lines going into it (don't count the ones coming out of it)?

11. psnarula

psnarula Godfather

Aug 12, 2005
    i had all sorts of problems with my initial install (not being able to see satellite 105 on one receiver, among other things) because the installer gave me DP34 switch when I needed at DPP44 switch. The DP34 switch is fine if they run separate lines from the switch to each of the inputs on your dual tuner receiver. but most installers will try to do it with only one line and then they'll use a separater or a diplexer of some sort that will allow them to feed both tuners from the one line. my installer tried to do this but failed because apparently this sort of setup requires a DPP44 switch.

to this day i don't understand the differences between the two switches. but they sent out a new installer who swapped out the switch and since then i've had no problems.

12. Fifty Caliber

Fifty Caliber Banned User

Jan 4, 2006
    The DPP44 supports the new Dish Pro Plus, dual tuner with one coax feature. Where as the DP34 did not.

13. xasx

xasx Mentor

Mar 19, 2006
    They used my dual tuner receiver to run a line from that receiver to my other one. The first receiver has two separate lines coming into it. Tech is coming soon, hopefully he is a experienced one and figures it all out.

14. xasx

xasx Mentor

Mar 19, 2006
    It is all fixed now, I don't know exactly how because I was not home. The notes said he added a DP switch to have it work with 110, I saw the same DP34 switch outside, probably added something somewhere else. I also get Channel 100 now. Thx for everyone's help.

I posted this question elsewhere also, but incase any of you already know, how can I set which TV I want my dual-tuner receiver to use when recording timer events.

15. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    If you have 622, Menu - Preferences - Record Plus (leave activation enabled, change record prefence to TV1).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.