1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Local CW showing SEC basketball

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by booboo, Jan 15, 2014.

1. booboo

booboo New Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Could someone please explain to me why my local CW on DTV shows flippin SEC basketball instead of Arrow? This is very aggravating. I live in NorthEast Mississippi and could care less about SEC basketball. I don't understand how basketball could take priority over Arrow. Also would it do any good for me to contact DTV or the local CW? I don't subscribe to Hulu Plus anymore so I can't watch it the next day. Is there any other options to watching it online?

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

2. texasbrit

texasbrit DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 9, 2006
    It's a decision taken by your local station. You can contact them and complain if you want. it's nothing to do with DirecTV.

3. prushing

prushing DIRECTV A-Team

Feb 14, 2007
    it should be on sometime tonight, its going to be this way all conference season

they sell the 3rd party rights and these are the stations that are able to buy and broadcast these games

4. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Hey, it could be worse...our local ABC station is showing the same game.

5. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    I have CW showing acc. They plan to have the Tomorrow People at 11 but the game will run over that. My dvr picked it up but i padded.

6. booboo

booboo New Member

Mar 2, 2011
    My guide isn't showing a replay on Arrow or The Tomorrow People. I watch both. I guess I'll have to troll the inter web to find a replay. The community is on my CW right now. Morris Multimedia is the parent company of my CW station. I guess I'll be re subscribing to hulu plus. They show Arrow next day. In HD at that. My local CW isn't in HD on top of all this dumb crap. Thanks for everyone's input.

7. jeffgbailey

jeffgbailey Legend

Feb 28, 2008
    While you may not enjoy it the fact you are in SEC territory is why the game is being carried. The SEC games not on the sports networks (ESPN etc) are in syndication so any affiliate can pick it up. Looking at tonight there are affiliates in Ohio carrying the same game. The other game (So Carolina/TA&M) is on great SEC hotspots like Rockford, IL, and South Bend Indiana

Dont worry this is the last year of it. These games will go to the new SEC Network next year

8. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
  9. weadjust

weadjust AllStar

May 9, 2008
    Tupelo, MS
    You can email the station manager Bobby Berry @ WCBI's website. I have emailed him a couple of times with complaints about guide issues and he has always responded but I did go to high school with him some 35 years ago. I doubt it will do any good since WCBI is a SEC Network affiliate and they do have two SEC schools located less than 60 miles from the station.

10. booboo

booboo New Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Always great using DBSTALK for information. Thanks for everything. I was thinking this was the last year also. ESPN launching SEC Network is a great thing for all us sports nuts. But it's also great to know I can enjoy my shows with out worry of preempted ball games. Next I'm going on a war path to try and get my local CW broadcast in HD.

11. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    They should really reshow the how's again on Saturdays IMHO.