1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Local HD audio fine, other HD Not fine (hr20-700)

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by davecramer74, Oct 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davecramer74

davecramer74 Cool Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Buddy just called me at work after his install. his local hd works fine, but his other hd channels arent. the audio cuts out or doesnt work at all. He's got it hooked up via optical. Anyone seen this. I appologize if i didnt search, ive only got a few left here at work and in the middle of soemthing.

2. Greenbay4

Greenbay4 Mentor

Oct 10, 2006
    Yes I had this problem, but is was with an H20 receiver. The audio was going in and out, popping and crackling, on the mpeg2 HD channels (ESPN, HDNet, etc). The locals were fine. It turned out to be a bad receiver right out of the box.

3. pappasbike

pappasbike Godfather

Sep 19, 2006
    Same here. Box was replaced. New one is working fine on both HD feeds. Interestingly the first one took forever ( 10-12) minutes to power up when first plugged in. Both the installer and I thought it was a dead unit when first installed. The new one got a screen up almost immediately when it was first plugged in - it really surprised me.
    John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.