1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

local hd listing for new cities

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by bigwad, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigwad

bigwad Godfather

Oct 19, 2006
    I haven't been able to find a list of when the local channels will be activated in my area. I live in the Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA area. Know where I can get this info?

Thanks

2. bigwad

bigwad Godfather

Oct 19, 2006
    I meant to add its the HD channels I'm looking for

3. mike_augie

mike_augie You call I haul..

Oct 10, 2006
    besides the inside info that is not pulbicly posted, the list of hd channles and when they will be added is not "public" knowledge...but i bet we wont see any new lil HD until the new sat is in place....

4. bigwad

bigwad Godfather

Oct 19, 2006
    I remember Chris or someone put out a link that listed when HD locals would be available. I guess they don't do that anymore?

5. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
  6. bigwad

bigwad Godfather

Oct 19, 2006
    Thanks, it tells me who has it and who doesn't but doesn't give a projected availability date. But I do appreciate the directions.

wad

7. HouseBowlrz

HouseBowlrz Godfather

Jul 15, 2007
    Centreville, VA
    Honestly, not sure when they will be available in your area. My mother and her husband live in Mecklenberg County and were getting both Roanoke and Raleigh channels when they had cable (Charter).

Late last Fall, they went with DirecTV with an HD receiver ... (not the DVR - a bit surprised) ... and are lined up with Raleigh locals which are not currently available in HD. For that, they are getting the New York feeds for HD.

Moving a little off topic ... available to them are neighboring local channels in Richmond (WRIC/ABC), Roanoke (WDBJ/CBS) and Lynchburg (WSET/ABC). I'm in Northern Virginia and am closer to Baltimore than they are to Richmond; yet, I don't have the opportunity to get Baltimore as a neighboring local.

Anyway, the answer to your question is that you should be able to get the New York feeds for HD programming.

hope that helps

8. bigwad

bigwad Godfather

Oct 19, 2006

I tried, but the local affiliates would not grant me a waiver. I have the OTA, but too many trees and the signal fluctuates so much, it gets frustrating. Thanks for the info.

9. HDTVFanAtic

HDTVFanAtic Banned User

Jul 23, 2005
    They currently have a space crunch in that general geographic region.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.