DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

local hd on direct tv

982 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  yurig96 
#1 ·
I live in the norfolk ,va. area and i just got a hd receiver a couple of weeks ago. I noticed when i pull the local channel up on the channel guide it listed all the norfolk channels plus their hd channels for each. Is directv going to be putting these channels on or are they just testing. They also had in the grid the local independent channel sky 4 that is not included in their local package. When i tried to go to these channel i got just a blank screen plus the information what was playing on the station. I did not have the extra LNB that could pick up the 110 satelite at that time. since i have it now all these channels are gone from the channel grid. Does anyone have any information on this? Thanks, Dennis

G
#2 ·
hd is only available over-the-air, directv is not broadcasting hd locals, and probably wont for a very long time. to get your locals in hd you need an antenna, if your close enough to the towers you could just use some rabbit ears. or a cheap outside antenna from radio shack if rabbit ears dont work. hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.