1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Local Lip Sync Problem

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by JohnQ, Feb 16, 2009.

1. JohnQ

JohnQ Cool Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Freshwater...
    Yep, I have some OLD RCA gear, DRD222, DRD435, & DRD450 and have a problem with the Seattle locals audio being out of sync with the Video. Doesn't seem to be a problem with any channels except the Seattle Locals. Most pronounced with the newest receiver, the 450, and the least with the oldest, the 222. Is it Seattle Locals, or are my receiver just tooooooo old???

2. Rivergoat

Rivergoat AllStar

Sep 17, 2006
    I see it in San Francisco, too. Mainly with KGO Channel 7.

Ultimately, this is not a strong selling point for DTV...any word on cause/solution?

3. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    You're responding to a four year old post. These sorts of station-specific problems are almost always caused by problems with the local station's signal, or their uplink to DirecTV.

What model Receiver do you have? Have you tried resetting it?

4. MysteryMan

MysteryMan DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    It's not always DirecTV's fault. Just tune into CSPAN. There's always a lip sync problem. One minute the politicians are talking out of one side of their mouths, the next minute they're talking out of the other side. :sure:

5. JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    I was watching Time Warner Cable today and NY WPIX channel 11 had lip sync issues.

6. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    In the past when I encountered "lip-sync" issues it always appeared both on my R15's and also on my R22 which is a completely different design (actually, it's an HR-21 HD DVR). I think these issues are non-receiver specific but are transmission issues.