1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Local NBC recording issues

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by IndyMichael, Apr 20, 2014.

1. IndyMichael

IndyMichael Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 25, 2003
    Indiana
    Could this have anything to do with them? Not sure why Directvs signal passes thru their antenna and Dish and cable systems don't.

Attached Files:

2. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    You have three duplicates; you can delete the extras.

As to your question, could you please flesh it out with more detail?

3. texasbrit

texasbrit DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 9, 2006
    DirecTv probably picks up the signal off-air which measn that if the transmitter is switched off for any reason DireCTv won't get a signal. Dish must use a fiber/cable connection so won't lose the channel.

4. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Now that the TS has posted info from the TV station, I think I understand the question. But texasbrit beat me to my answer.

5. IndyMichael

IndyMichael Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 25, 2003
    Indiana
    I tried to post this from my phone last night, said it couldn't connect to the server, so I was surprised to even see it here today. It's the issue posted before about recordings, mainly on my NBC station where the recording pauses, then quickly jitters back and forth, making the show unwatchable. I just thought it odd, that DirecTV gets it's signal differently than Dish or cable systems

6. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    in this particular case is different. DIRECTV also gets certain locals over fiber as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Ah, I see now- the attachment in your OP didn't open, or wasn't there.
    How the signal is transmitted isn't generally the problem with some NBC locals- it's got to be encoding.

8. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    I no longer record from NBC due to this issue. I have had it for a long time, as have others that you can find here and on the other site. It comes and goes. I don't dare rewind a show on NBC, either!

9. texasbrit

texasbrit DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 9, 2006
    Different issue, if you read the thread.