1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Locals in NJ area

Discussion in 'VoomTalk.Com (Closed Forum)' started by JerryTi, Jul 7, 2004.

1. JerryTi

JerryTi Guest

I just got installed my Voom yesterday and it's no locals. Technician said they no guarantee locals in my area. Does anybody have success to receive locals in Manalapan, New Jersey?

2. BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    Get a cable modem from comcast or Cablevision, hook up a splitter, and enjoy the analog cable they pipe in for free.... That's one workaround....... Try the antenna route as well. Manalapan is about 25 miles as the crow flies from New York City... You should be able to get strong signals from there...............

3. JerryTi

JerryTi Guest

I'm sorry, but what You mean by "antenna route" ?

4. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    I think what he means is that Voom is supposed to supply an off air antenna that gets your local channels in. The antenna they provide with the initial install is a beginner and if that one doesn't work, they are supposed to supply one that will. This does require another installation appointment, but I would contact Voom and have them work it out. It happens to a lot of people and Voom then supplies a stronger antenna, etc.

This is not necessarily a complete answer as I'm not sure exactly what the problem is, but the installer should actually work with you to get it done. If the installer says they don't guarantee locals in your area, it could be because of line-of-site issues, or your locals do not broadcast a digital signal or something. If you're that close to NY and probably should receive them OK, I would definitely give Voom a call and work things out.

Good luck!

PS - My installer had a pi$$er of a time with the equipment (diplexers) that were supplied. I finally ran a separate cable for my OTA and that cleared things up. Tough to give sound advice if he didn't tell you what the problem was.