1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Location of HD programming (including locals)

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Robert Wood, Sep 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert Wood

Robert Wood New Member

Oct 29, 2004
    I am anxious to convert to HD through D* but have a tree problem. I can "see" the 101 bird fine and get my SD programming (including Baltimore locals) from there, but 110 and 119 are out of the question. Out of curiosity, I emailed D* and asked the location of the transponders carrying Baltimore HD locals. To my surprise, they answered, "...I found that we currently offer HD local channels on your area from Satellite 101".

Can any user verify that statement? What other HD programming is available from 101?

Thanks for any information.

2. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    No that is not correct. Baltimore MPEG4 HD locals are on SAT 103.

3. Robert Wood

Robert Wood New Member

Oct 29, 2004
    Thanks, Mike. I may be able to see 103, but is it worth it to upgrade if most other HD programming comes from satellites farther west?

4. LameLefty

LameLefty I used to be a rocket scientist

Sep 28, 2006
    Middle...
    Most of the newest HD will be coming from D10 at 103 in a few days, hopefully, and then more will come later via D11 at 99.

5. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    The HD channels that are on SAT's 110 and 119 will be moved to either SAT 103 or 99 at some point. It will probably be a year or so until it happens.

The new MPEG4 HD channels that are about to start will be on SAT 103 and DirecTV 11 will be launching later this year or early next year and will be at the 99 spot. That SAT will allow DirecTV to add more HD channels.

So I would say yes to upgrading.

6. Robert Wood

Robert Wood New Member

Oct 29, 2004
    Thanks again. Go, Ravens.

7. quizzer

quizzer Icon

Aug 29, 2006
    I have the same issue .. have only 95 and 101 at present....internationals and SD..

I can see 99 and 103...I love HD and would like to know if i can get a receiver to look at these 3 satellites.

I live in los angeles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.