1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Locks and Limits question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Keith Whites, Aug 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keith Whites

Keith Whites New Member

Aug 10, 2004
    I'm a long-time Dish user seriously considering moving to DirecTV. I'm interested in the DirecTV HD DVR unit. I've seen some information on the DirecTV website about the Locks and Limits feature, and am particularly interested in two things:
    1. Is it possible to limit per-day hours of useage with the HD DVR unit?
    2. Is it possible to hide adult channels from the viewing guide with the HD DVR unit?

Thank you very much for any information you can provide,

Keith

2. Flyboy917

Flyboy917 Legend

Oct 24, 2003
    Answers:
    1. I (don't think) it is possible to limit hours per day usage. I KNOW you can set allowable viewing hours for each channel.
    2. Yes, it is possible to hide Adult channels from viewers...but a tech savy individual or anyone willing to read the manual can figure out how to see them again, without having to override parental controls.

Flyboy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.