1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logo (SD)??

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Southland, May 8, 2009.

Tags:
  1. May 8, 2009 #1 of 24
    Southland

Southland New Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Don't tell me this is only going to be a HD only channel!
    Or maybe I havent found it in SD yet..any updates?

2. May 8, 2009 #2 of 24
    garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Several channels are HD only. Sorry.

3. May 8, 2009 #3 of 24
    pdh0490

pdh0490 Cool Member

Jul 28, 2008
    not with dirctv

4. May 8, 2009 #4 of 24
    JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    You might find some on DIRECTV ala HD Extra Pack. Sort of like Platinum HD. :)

5. May 8, 2009 #5 of 24
    Slamminc11

Slamminc11 Hall Of Fame

Jan 27, 2005
    Yep. Dish has decided once again to screw their SD only customers and only launch LOGO in HD. Granted Direct, Comcrap, and almost everyone else who carries LOGO has it in SD and I am sure will soon also have it in HD as well, but Dish has decided that just like their baseball fan customers, you don't matter anymore.

6. May 8, 2009 #6 of 24
    coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    Or, maybe, they launched the HD feed first, then will launch the SD later.

7. May 8, 2009 #7 of 24
    Southland

Southland New Member

Jan 3, 2009
    The new BET channel is also in HD only too

8. May 8, 2009 #8 of 24
    Aransay

Aransay Icon

Jun 19, 2006
    mavtv should be sd and bet

9. May 8, 2009 #9 of 24
    James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    But not Logo? :)

At least this should put to rest the question of whether the Platinum HD pack is worth $10 ... DISH is starting to build up a nice set of special channels there.

10. patmurphey

patmurphey Godfather

Dec 21, 2006

Are you sure? I'm pretty certain I saw it in my guide as SD while I was trying to get the new HD channels with a CSR. I'm not home now, so can't verify. :D

11. jclewter79

jclewter79 Hall Of Fame

Jan 8, 2008
    BET Jazz is only offered in HD on Dish Network. That is what I think he is referring as "the new BET channel." As for LOGO I think it is kinda funny that everybody that wants it is going to jump ship to one of the other providers that offer it in sd when they have had it in sd for years and Dish Network did not offer it at all. I think LOGO is in the perfect place. The people that want it can get it and they people that want to gripe about it won't. Besides, from here on out I think you are going to see E* do everything they can to make the customer foot the bill for the impeding mpeg4 switch. Last quarter they announced that they have been more successful in getting exsisting customers to pay more per month than aquiring new customers. I don't care if anybody leaves to get LOGO in sd but, if you wanted that bad why didn't you leave a couple of years ago?

12. Slamminc11

Slamminc11 Hall Of Fame

Jan 27, 2005
    Dish should have launched LOGO in the 250 package for their SD customers who have been looking for this channel for the last couple years as well as the HD whatever package for those who have decided to spend their money on HD TV's and programming.

13. Rob052067

Rob052067 Mentor

Nov 20, 2008
    Looks like Dish is screwing their HD customers too by added 3 new HD channels that are only available in the $10-extra Platinum package.

14. BillJ

BillJ Icon

May 5, 2005
    Have to agree with Jim. Maybe the intent is keep adding unique channels in the Platinum pack so customers see some value there.

15. jclewter79

jclewter79 Hall Of Fame

Jan 8, 2008
    Thats one way to look at it. Strangly, I kinda look at it the other way. I dropped platinum because of the value it offered, even though I love WFN. Now that it has MavTV is in it too, I am considering getting it back. I think it is kinda cool, it looks like platinum is going to be the place where those niche channels will be going. I like having the channels availble. It is much better than the old standard Charlie answer " that channel does not have very many viewers." Platinum is finally getting some post-VOOM value. I like it.

16. juan ellitinez

juan ellitinez Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 31, 2003
    Dish should have launched YES, should have kept GOL and maybe the VOOM channels ohh wait nobody can complain about those channels

17. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    And yet the question was ...
    If you did leave to get LOGO then great. Otherwise just pretend that DISH still hasn't added it and we have a status quo. If having it uplinked as a test channel for more than a year and then removing it wasn't bad enough to make one leave is this worse?

They can, and they do. This is just the thread for Logo SD ... :)

18. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    This is an interesting discussion in a way.. Curious as to why Dish might add just LogoHD and not LogoSD... but consider that anyone who wanted that channel might have left for DirecTV already if that was the deal-breaker... Maybe Dish thinks their best move will be to add it in HD-only and get customers who want HD to come back before DirecTV adds it in HD... rather than try to recapture those who already left for lack of the SD channel.

19. Aransay

Aransay Icon

Jun 19, 2006
    GOLTV
    YES
    TVN

MORE RSN
    MORE RPEMIMUM MOVIE HBOZ ONE SD
    MTV MSUCI CHANNEL LIEK VH1 ROK, VH1 SAUNTRK CHANNE
    MROE CATHOLCI CHANNELS LIKE MARVISON, ELSEMRBDOR, RADIOAMIA INENAMNAL
    anime network as atv channeñ
    FAMILY FIRENDLU Channel is wahdsh needs

20. ehb224

ehb224 Legend

Apr 3, 2008
    Since I do not have kids I really do not want more 'family friendly' channels but prefer more adult themed ones such as History, Science, and the various premium movie channels. This just goes to show that DISH cannot please everybody so they must provide a little bit of something for everyone, including Logo! Do you not agree?