1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Long delay after delete...

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by jksellman, Jan 27, 2013.

1. jksellman

jksellman Legend

Mar 22, 2007
    Recently my system (2 HR20's, one with an external 2TB HDD (usually around
    50% full) and whole house viewing) has developed a long (up to one minute) wait. or "stall" for returning to my playlist after deleting a progaram from the playlist. The longer the deleted program, the longer the "stall". I have had this system for years, and this is a new situation.
    I recently deleted some programs that were 4.5 to 10 hours long and it took close to sixty seconds for the playlist to appear.
    Any thoughts??

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    First thing to try is resetting your DVR.

3. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    Same situation here. I'm running a 1.5 TB internal and getting the same long delays. Started a few weeks back and remains slow, no matter how full the drive is. Reset made absolutely no difference.

4. joed32

joed32 Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    Mine have quite a delay as well but they always have when it says rebuilding the play list.

5. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    I occasionally get that on my HR20 as well, but its intermittent. It'll go for days lickity split, then every once in awhile it will take 30 secs to delete a half hour show. There doesnt appear to be any rhyme or reason to it. If yours always does it every time, I would start by running a hdd diagnostics that you can access during a reboot.

menu-system settings-reset-restart receiver. when its starts to boot back up choose select on the remote, it should get you into a diag screen where you can run a hdd test.

6. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    I got the 'rebuilding playlist' delay more often than I would have liked on my HR24-500s, even with both of them having about 75% free space.

7. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    You might see if there's a difference in FF to end of show and deleting from the dialog that pops up. I had this delay on long programs six months ago, but it hasn't showed up since.

8. JaySmith

JaySmith New Member

Jan 28, 2013
    I started to see similar delays in refreshing the playlist after deleting a program about 6-8 weeks ago. Resetting/restarting did not help it for me. But then a couple weeks ago it seemed to get faster all by itself.

I thought it was a software problem and that they had pushed an update that fixed it, but this is just a guess.

Since then, my external hard disk has died, so I can't rule out that as a factor either.

9. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Hi, Jay, and Welcome to DBSTalk! :welcome_s

Sometimes things come and go with no explanation. I think even an automatic Guide update may slow down some operations while it's in progress.

As to a software update, you can check under settings for when the last update was on your box. It also gives the version number.

10. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Actually, this is a known issue with longer programs on bigger drives. It may not happen all the time.

11. jksellman

jksellman Legend

Mar 22, 2007
    The delay occurs regardless of how I delete the program...red button...menu..end of program.
    This was not an issue last month....
    Like Rosanna Rosannadanna said: "it's alway something".
    Not the end of the world, but a small pain that was not there before.