1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for coax

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by Scott in FL, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Scott in FL

Scott in FL Godfather

Mar 18, 2008
    Anyone know a good source for 500' of high quality single RG-6, bare copper conductor, not quad, white or black, does not need to be plenum rated but will be outdoors. High quality, rated to 3 GHz.

I've heard good and bad things about Perfect Vision, and notice that Solid Signal only sells it in 1000' reels.

Thanks.

2. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    Perfect Vision cable is just fine. My company has used well over 500 rolls of it over the years, and only two ever had problems, and they were from the same production run about 3 years ago.

Single cable is normally sold in 1000' lengths. You can find cheap copper-clad-steel in 500' lengths, but you aren't likely to find solid copper in anything but 1000'. And if you do, they will charge such a premium for it that you won't save much.

3. joe diamond

joe diamond Hall Of Fame

Feb 28, 2007
    YUP,
    Single cable is sold in 1000 ft rolls. Double is sold in 500 ft rolls. Solid is more expensive, and , while, I understand it's value.....for commercial installations (read lots of them) cheapest rules.

Freight will even things out until you are ready to buy a pallet of cable reels or boxes. Closest rules...........DSI, Skywalker, Centronics and probably others have depots where you can pick stuff up if you can drive there.

For single applications you can specify solid copper and probably find a local contractor to do your work.

Joe

4. RobertE

RobertE New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    The cheapest ($$$ wise, not quality wise) will be from your neighborhood DirecTv van. ;)

5. Scott in FL

Scott in FL Godfather

Mar 18, 2008
    Interesting. Thanks everyone.

6. rhambling

rhambling Godfather

Dec 19, 2007
    i know many local installers in swfl that would be happy to provide you some cable